Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a house. The neighbors have been telling me that the previous owners usually put on quite a scene for Halloween and have high expectations of me.

Having just bought a house...my funds are not huge but they are there. I do need to spend money on doing other things around the house...like buying a new split box spring so I don't have to sleep on a mattress on the floor....

I'm trying to assemble a few ideas to make an effective first try.

The List

Cemetery Column and Fence - I'm a woodworker and know the merits od Dow insulation well.
Tombstones - foam - may make one open if I have time and money
Flying Crank Ghost - put this in my front bay window, until I can build a mausoleum.

If I have the time and money, I'll put in a fog machine under the mulch and make some eerie light fixtures for the front of the house.

Question is, what cheap and easy ideas would you suggest?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clarification....any idea should also be easily stored. very small house without much storage. The fence columns are going to double as storage for everything.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
well I usually stuff masks aand make bodies. Make wood frames, dress them in clothes, even make paper mache heads. Use anything you can and try to make it something! Your bond to make something for free! EX. Coat Hanger ghosts.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've found that making wooden crosses is very easy, quick and cost effective. Also, spend time on lighting. It can make something pretty good look like its professionally done, without spending much money.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Like skeleton owl said, a few convincing figures can do wonders. Stop looking after the garden from september onwards, overgrown lawns look so much better in a graveyard than perfectly manicured versions.
Visit the mark butlers halloween list to get loads of cheap ideas. Go to http://www.hauntproject.com and look through the forums. You'll have the best display in the history of your neighbourhood when you're done!

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Paper mache groundbreakers. Check Pumpkinrot's site for some great examples. Cheap and quick to make, but storage may be an issue.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I gotta go with Mike on this one. Lighting can make or break the 'feel' of your place.

Tombstones are great, but tombstones with eery shadows are awesome.

Spend some time with angles of light and color. Lighting is what separates 'ooh' from 'aahh'.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
creepy cloth
webbing on trees etc.
spiders
web victims
beepems idea of stuffed bodies would be good you use old clothes you don't wear and toss them after. can also bloody them up with ketchup.
if you dont have trees find some barnches to make a few
maybe some crows...owl
how about a toe pincher since you do woodwork

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Wouldnt it be funny if when searching the forum for ideas you saw pics of your house

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've found that making wooden crosses is very easy, quick and cost effective. Also, spend time on lighting. It can make something pretty good look like its professionally done, without spending much money.
I gotta go with Mike on this one. Lighting can make or break the 'feel' of your place.

Tombstones are great, but tombstones with eery shadows are awesome.

Spend some time with angles of light and color. Lighting is what separates 'ooh' from 'aahh'.

Good luck.
I couldn't agree more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts