Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Hey I think we put to much in the way of expectations It isnt his best work but he seems to know that already and whats wronge with an artist taking a different direction.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Yes, it is different yet very eerie. The implications of a human skull inside something that is definitely NOT human in appearance always gives me a shiver. Nicely done, John! Wish I could be on the judges panel this year, too!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was thinking it might be the remains of the first scare crow that he created that got copied so much by others. Talk about starting a fad. It is totally different then the past ones but different is good to me. Very creative and quite inspiring to see what one person can make out of something that some one else would bring to the dumps after trimming the trees in the back yard. Very impressed as always with the creativity and spookiness of John's (are we on a first name basis ?) work. A+

·
Registered
87 Posts
Main Entry: blight
Pronunciation: 'blIt
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 a : a disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of lesions, withering, and death of parts (as leaves and tubers) b : an organism (as an insect or a fungus) that causes blight
2 : something that frustrates plans or hopes
3 : something that impairs or destroys
4 : a deteriorated condition <urban blight>
To that extent - I think he pretty much nailed it

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Interesting ... very interesting... Totally creeped me out. Glad Im not a Krough.. umhmmm I mean Crow. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like it. At least he's not trying to copy his old work. This is totally new. I love the skull emerging from a rotting pumpkin thing it has going on.

·
Dear Beer, Thanks. :D
1,061 Posts
Not my favorite Pumpkinrot, but you have to admire how much ass he kicked in the contest. He actually built something pretty cool and original compared with the 9 spongebobs and disney-themed piles of garbage... (90% of which didn't even qualify as scarecrows, more like parade floats.) PR is definitely one of my favorite builders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts