Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Zombie, I just entered chat (only one there) and I noticed that it did not ask me to log in. You sharing tokens between the forum and flashchat now? Other observation, icon showing who is in chat is not visible at bottom of forum page. Keep up the good work!:D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
heresjohnny said:
Hey Zombie, I just entered chat (only one there) and I noticed that it did not ask me to log in. You sharing tokens between the forum and flashchat now? Other observation, icon showing who is in chat is not visible at bottom of forum page. Keep up the good work!:D
It's always shared a token as long as you check the "remember me" box when logging in to the forums.

Also, what icon isn't showing? The one in the "Who's Chatting" box on the main page? It appears to me just fine.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
OK, I get lag now, when I never had it before the server change...Also, it lags when I'm the only one there after clearing the screen. Text disappears and is not displayed at all ..I tried an experiment and typed the numbers 1 2 3 4 etc..and hitting send after each number,and only the even numbers came up..All numbers come up if I wait 5 seconds before typing a new number and hitting send, or enter. Seems like a long time to wait sometimes between texting. Also, When I was chatting with Zombie, I logged out and couldn't get back in. I had to close everthing out, and log back into the forums to get back on, and I noticed I couldn't post any text in chat while zombie was posting. I had to wait 5 seconds after everyone was done posting before my message would appear, and any message I typed before that did not display at all ( exept in the box I was typing in, of course). I dunno, I never had any probs like this before, so I don't think it is my computer. Any advice, or anyone notice these problems too?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
The behaviour your experiencing is atypical of the problems we're having.

You NEED to be logged into the forums to be able to get into the chat room, so if you log out of chat and aren't logged into the forums, you can't log back into the chat. This is why the "remember me" box is important when logging in. In fact, you don't really need to log out of the forums as it automatically logs you out after 5 mins of inactivity.

As for your lag issue... It's not typical of the lag to make characters NOT appear. The lag makes it so all the text you type appears, just after a slight delay. What kind of computer are you using? What browser and version number?

I think the reason you weren't having lag at the old site is because your computer was definitely loading the "old" chat room from your computer's cache and the old room didn't have the lag problem. I tried to set up the old chat room here, but ran into some installation problems and was unable to complete the process.

If the chat problems persist, I'll un-install the chat room and try again to re-install the older version, unless the developer releases a newer version that fixes this problem.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I just had a goofy problem. Maybe the new laptop I just got yesterday. I thought I had clicked on the remember me when you log in. So I just tried to log in again and it wouldn't let me log in for some reason. It just went to the main page but not logged in. So I tried again and the next time it let me in.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
DeathTouch said:
I just had a goofy problem. Maybe the new laptop I just got yesterday. I thought I had clicked on the remember me when you log in. So I just tried to log in again and it wouldn't let me log in for some reason. It just went to the main page but not logged in. So I tried again and the next time it let me in.
Sounds like you may have a bad cookie. You may want to log out, then clear your cookie for this domain and try logging in again.

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still having an intermittent problem with the whos in chat icon. Sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't, this has happened from multiple computers. Also noticed that if I logged on the forum (no chat icon), entered chat, then closed the forum window and opened a new browser onthe forum, the chat icon always seemed to appear.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Is it just the icon that's not there, or the whole "who's in chat" box isn't there?

I think I fixed the problem with that if its the whole box that's not there. I had a few usergroup permissions set wrong. :p

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
What I type doesn't display. Also, it won't color the text and just leaves it the neon green. People saying "HI" all around me, and I'm not being snobby or anything, it just won't print the text.

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zombie-F said:
Is it just the icon that's not there, or the whole "who's in chat" box isn't there?

I think I fixed the problem with that if its the whole box that's not there. I had a few usergroup permissions set wrong. :p
When it happens to me it is the whole thing; the icon, chat box, and text. I just noticed on this particular session that it was not there, then I logged in and it was there. Is this the way it's supposed to work? That would make sense if it's acting like this now that you fixed some permissions.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Right, it's not supposed to be there if you're not logged in. No point in wasting the SQL query if you can't even enter chat. :p

It should be visible only while logged in.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Ok now it doesn't work...ARRHGG! I type and nothing. I can't see what others are typing either...Went to chat room 10 times couldn't use it. Loggedout, logged back in. Cleared cache, cleared cookies, relogged in. Didn't help. Logged out of chat, did a page refresh, got this:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.hauntforum.com Port 80

Closed all windows, and came back to forum and was able to post this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts