Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair or not, some folks find our programmable controllers more effort to learn than they want to spend -- we get that. Also, a lot of props work really well with a simple 3-stage controller. The problem with analog (555 RC circuit) type timers is they suffer for temperature drift and can be a pain in the backside to build.

Well... we built a new controller that we'll be showing off this week at Transworld called the EZ-3micro. It's an integrated 3-stage timer that uses a microcontroller to handle timing, so once you set you get the same timing every time. I know, I know, I said "microcontroller." Don't worry, we've done the programming so you don't have to.

To be honest, 3-stage timers are really not getting too excited about, but we think this one is a little different. In addition to the normal relay output (NC and NO contacts available) it has a Pulse output and Audio start output. The pulse output can handle high current valves (great for air cannons). The Audio start output can be used to start your favorite audio player (AP-16+ is a good choice!). The Audio start output can be configured for 5v or Open-Collector output which lets you connect it to just about anything.

The coolest thing about EZ-3micro is that it has a configuration mode which lets you set the ranges for each stage. Kind of like a universal remote that you setup for your TV, the EZ-3micro can configured to match the timing requirements of your prop -- and it even does RANDOM timing (pre-delay only); yes, that's right: a controller that doesn't need a computer that does random.

If you're at Transworld do come by and see us. If you're not able to make it, we'll also be at HauntCon, Midwest Haunters Convention, and West Coast Haunters Convention.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nice spec. Expected price?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts