Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new dremel set! Oh man, its so sexy. I love it, cant wait to use it. It came with so much. You guys have any recommendations for parts I should get or cool things I can do with it?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Theres so much u can do with a nice dremel. I use mine from anthing from working on foam(tombstones) all the way to polishing aluminum manifolds.
They are so versatile......not sure what u got with it...but i would deff. reccomend having the flex hose extension for it, as i cant live without mine.
use's are endless!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I use the 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" fiber cut-off discs a lot. The thin 3/4" ones you get with it are junk IMO (i always broke them). I also use the sanding drums quite a bit and use their #115 high speed cutter for re-shaping plastic.

I bought the Dremel drill stand back several years ago and used it very little. I have thought about getting their router attachment, but haven't yet.

edit: I have bought the wood cutting blades as well and they are worth their money.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah imma get some wood cutting bits. Just looked at some online...think I should get me some eye gear too lol

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I also have a dremel tool and have the router attachment very cool...need to get the flex hose (<note to self)
Just bought a case of accessory pieces at harbor freight about 2 weeks ago - it has 249 pieces , (it has everything you get you buy the tool with case cept the tool) was only 12 bucks.. what the heck, went and took pic so here it is..

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I bought it at Harbor Freight a store here in milw but they are on the web aslo same name.
If you mean the cutting wheels yes. 2 dif types and cutting edges like reg ,heavy duty and for fiberglass in each kind.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I'd highly recommend the router attachment. I have both the wired high speed, and the battery operated. I also use it quite often to deburr my castings, and remove mold seam lines.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Oh, you will use that Dremel for everything...lol Ours gets used for furniture, R/C helis and planes, kids' crafts, tombstones, signs, cleaning up edges on skulls (thanks for that one Vlad!), marking my stuff in case anything gets stolen so I can ID it, the list just goes on and on.... We have the wired and the battery-operated.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice. Yeah I wanna know how to use one for tombstones. Thats my next project once this 20$ challenge is done with.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
I just got and played around with the plunge router attachment! I HIGHLY recommend it for doing tombstones!!!! I wish that I would have had one when making my stone for the 2006 tombstone contest!!!! Would have saved my throat from getting sore for days afterwards, not to mention who knows what kinds of chemicals were inhaled into my lungs from burning the foam, and ruining one of my Versa-Tool tips! :mad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got and played around with the plunge router attachment! I HIGHLY recommend it for doing tombstones!!!!
Definitely look into the plunge router attachment. It isn't cheap ($30-$35 IIRC?) but it is REALLY useful for tombstones or light woodworking. But for my router accoutrement, I would never have gotten this tombstone done:

I just bought a set of ten nifty little router bits (with wooden case) for mine at American Science and Surplus for $15: http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=9442&cartLogFrom=Search
Dremel doesn't make too many router bits that fit my needs (namely tombstone making), and several of these from AS&S should do nicely (teeny straight bits, U groove & V groove bits, etc). Had I had the AS&S bits when I made last year's stones, it would've saved me a LOT of hand-carving. grr.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I just bought a set of ten nifty little router bits (with wooden case) for mine at American Science and Surplus for $15: http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=9442&cartLogFrom=Search
Dremel doesn't make too many router bits that fit my needs (namely tombstone making), and several of these from AS&S should do nicely (teeny straight bits, U groove & V groove bits, etc). Had I had the AS&S bits when I made last year's stones, it would've saved me a LOT of hand-carving. grr.
Those are nifty indeed and a great price for ten. Thanks for that tip Gothikim! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont have a dremel!! Where can I get one for a good price and the other little stuff I might need for building props?!?
Post me some links if you guys can!!
Many thanks!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts