1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from ImaginEERIEing!

We wanted to let people know that our new offering for 2008 is now available:

Available here: http://www.imagineerieing.com

This is an updated and revamped version of our classic "Magic Mirror" illusion, complete with customizable lighting, cool background effects like fire and spectral emissions, easy-to-use setup, and other new features.

If you have a computer, a monitor or LCD projector to put the screen image somewhere interesting, and a person to run it, this gives you a fun, interactive attraction that the kids love for only $15.

Want to see what this is about? See one of our digital puppets in action.

Other puppets available from previous years include a customizable skull and a talking pumpkin.

Happy haunting!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looking forward to checking out the new Magic Mirror puppet

Nephilim,

Thanks for posting your new Magic Mirror digital puppet. I used your original Magic Mirror puppet last year at our neighborhood children's party. It was a HUGE hit and the planners for this year's party have already asked me to bring it back again this year. In fact, I was just out in the garage this weekend working on upgrades to the facade.

Thanks again,

Dr Frankenscream
Belwood Manor

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting your new Magic Mirror digital puppet. I used your original Magic Mirror puppet last year at our neighborhood children's party. It was a HUGE hit and the planners for this year's party have already asked me to bring it back again this year. In fact, I was just out in the garage this weekend working on upgrades to the facade.
Glad to hear the kids enjoyed it! It really does seem to strike a chord with kids.

You should post some photos of the facade you're creating. I always enjoy seeing what people come up with.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hello there. I plan on getting this from you on Oct 1st and just wanted to say THANK YOU in advance. I didnt realize when i saw this last year you could get it for free and yes I could get it for free this year too, but I WANT to buy one because you put in time and effort into making 3 new faces to choose from and kept the price low to accomodate most home haunters budgets (meaning slim to none). So instead of getting the free one I choose to support your work and hope you make more in the future...maybe a creepy turtle one??? :hint: :hint: LOL. Thanks again for doing this and GREAT WORK!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So instead of getting the free one I choose to support your work and hope you make more in the future...maybe a creepy turtle one??? :hint: :hint: LOL. Thanks again for doing this and GREAT WORK!!!
Well, you didn't have to do that, but I sure appreciate the sentiment. We roll all the proceeds from selling digital puppets back into our home haunt for the tot's, so your purchase will certainly be spent in the spirit in which it was given. Thanks.

Also: creepy turtle?

·
The Red Death
2,258 Posts
This has always been one of my favorite PC based Halloween apps. I only wish I had the time and manpower to utilize it to it's fullest potential.

Here's an idea for future expansion... Perhaps have a higher end version that allows those of us with more 3D technical skills to import face models in making it even more customizable.

-TM

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get it? her handle is "turtle". :p
Ah. But what would a "creepy turtle" actually look like? (More to the point, would it be something anyone other than her would want for their home haunt?) :)

This has always been one of my favorite PC based Halloween apps. I only wish I had the time and manpower to utilize it to it's fullest potential.
Yeah, for it to really work, it has to be interactive; a static performance might as well just be video. It's the interaction with the kids that really makes this attraction click with the kids.

Here's an idea for future expansion... Perhaps have a higher end version that allows those of us with more 3D technical skills to import face models in making it even more customizable.
I've actually got some tinkering under my belt in the direction of a catch-all tool that lets people create their own puppets, but it's currently only half-baked, and certainly won't be available for the 2008 season.

It turns out that the challenge for such a tool isn't so much technical (although there are issues). The real kicker is getting a good, consumer-level interface for defining something like this kind of motion on arbitrary puppets that they may want to import. This is a considerably larger engineering challenge than the typical "static" puppet.

There's also the issue of the number of people who can make a properly rigged 3D model in w3d format being very, very small. These puppets are niche products as it is; I'm not convinced at this point that such an offering would be worth the rather long development time.

But I do have a sneaky idea for a way around that. But more on that when the time comes...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hope you would consider a pumpkin face that is just the cut outs without the face. this way we can animate a song at will. If you can make it so that multiple faces can be displayed per scene.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts