Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing around with a new header logo for the forum when we make the move. I may put a witch or some bats in sillouette across the moon, not too sure yet. I'm gonna try and keep it simple this time around. :p

Comments or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I like it. Simple, but effective.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, just messing around with it... I added a witch to the moon and some dark grey bars coming off the side of the moon that will run across the entire top of the forum.

Have a look:

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I agree with Hib. Witchs over the moon has been done to death. Also that remindes me of ET. I am not sure but I think I have seen the wolf / moon logo done someplace else, but that would be better then a witch. Grims moving clouds looks good, but it would still need something else. Two or three small moving bats would look ok.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I won't be doing animation, just out of respect to those of us who are still on dialup. I'll see about putting a wolf over the moon instead and see how I like it.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
HibLaGrande said:
I think the witch needs to go. not that I have anything against witches... a howling wolf maybe?
I second Hibla's sentiments. However, an upright howling werewolf in silhouette would be even cooler.;)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And again, this time with a house as the silhouette. I'll attach all three to this post for convenience.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think for me, it's a toss up between the witch and the house, with the house being in the lead. :D

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Between the three of them I vote for the house. To bad about the clouds, they would look cool with the house. There are other animations in the forum why would the clouds be a problem?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only other animations (aside from ad banners) I can think of are the smilies. I'm just going to be keeping it simple this time around. To animate some clouds passing over the moon there would require A LOT of frames and a loss of color definition due to the nature of a 256 color animated gif. I know that PNGs can be animated now, but it's still not supported in all browsers.

Plus, I find animated gifs to be sort of distracting, and anything that can distract from the actual content of the site is no good in my eyes. I've always been all about content over flashy graphics and flash animations.

I think the house has (pretty much) already won out in my head. I may add some bats over the house, but otherwise, that's more or less what I'm going with.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts