Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished this one up this morning. Wooden crate skinned in one inch foam. Topped with a garden center cross. Dark gray base coat followed by two coats of light gray Dry Lok and then some watered down dark gray sponged on. This one is going to lewlew;)

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
How come lewlew gets all the good stuff?:(:D

Very pretty! Perhaps it's the lighting, but it looks as if you could go even darker with the paint aging.

·
Registered
959 Posts
jdubbya said:
Finished this one up this morning. Wooden crate skinned in one inch foam. Topped with a garden center cross. Dark gray base coat followed by two coats of light gray Dry Lok and then some watered down dark gray sponged on. This one is going to lewlew
And lewlew is one lucky son-of-a-gun! Thank you so much Jerry. I think it looks fantastic and will give the cemetery some much-needed 3-D pop!! Mr. Finch will be a welcome addition to our graveyard family.

I can't say enough good things about my fellow Erie haunters and your generosity and effort.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Geez almost makes me think i should take a trip down to Erie to visit family near halloween to check some of these home haunts out.. Even tho i havent been back in Erie for probably a good 10 years.

·
Registered
959 Posts
scream1973 said:
Geez almost makes me think i should take a trip down to Erie to visit family near halloween to check some of these home haunts out.. Even tho i havent been back in Erie for probably a good 10 years.
Anytime!....You bring the Molson though.:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Mark,
Glad you like it! With regards to the color, the pics were taken in bright sunlight and really wash it out. It has a lot of neat shading and aged looking spots, and is darker in person than in the pics. I have toyed with the idea of adding a bit of black and misting it down for some runny marks but sometimes you risk overkill.
See what you think when you look at it and I'd be glad to try something else, but I think you'll be pleased.
My thought with these also is that the average person might look at it for 15 seconds in dim lighting on Halloween night so you have some leeway with how much detail you want to add. I think the detail is for us as prop builders and not for the actual audience!:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
i had the opportunity to see this prop in person during the construction phase and must say that the pic does it no justice. its a phenomenal piece!!!!!
great work Jerry!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can't say enough good things about my fellow Erie haunters and your generosity and effort.
Remember, 'we're all in this together' and 'keep your stick on the ice!':D

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i had the opportunity to see this prop in person during the construction phase and must say that the pic does it no justice. its a phenomenal piece!!!!!
great work Jerry!!!
Thanks Dave. Appreciate the kind words, although phenomenal might be a bit strong;)

What you're really saying is that you want me to make you one too! HA!
I'll see what I can do, even though you already have over ten thousand tombstones in your yard!:eek:;)
It might have to wait until closer to Halloween. I really need to get the rest of mine done. My wife is tired of seeing foam pieces laying all over the garage and basement:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love it jdubbya. Ya know, I have yet to make a single tombstone.....I guess I'm too busy makin characters :D
Your characters belong in a wax museum! I could only hope to have those skills!:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks Dave. Appreciate the kind words, although phenomenal might be a bit strong;)

What you're really saying is that you want me to make you one too! HA!
I'll see what I can do, even though you already have over ten thousand tombstones in your yard!:eek:;)
It might have to wait until closer to Halloween. I really need to get the rest of mine done. My wife is tired of seeing foam pieces laying all over the garage and basement:rolleyes:
HAHAHAHA ten thousand; Is that alot? :D
Wait until you see the quantity of 'groundbreakers' for 2009!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts