Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the new dude round these parts, although I've been decorating my house for roughly 7 years. I wanted to share a few pics of my house with this group. Hopefully I can hold my own, but I have seen some amazing things on this forum. Pre-covid I also had an annual party, so decorated the inside pretty extensively. These pics span about 2 or 3 years. I add a bunch of animatronics outside only for Halloween day which can't be seen in these pics, but you get the gist..
Window Building Purple House Christmas decoration

Building Window Purple Door Street light
Green Grass Tints and shades Art Tree

Purple Azure Plant Window Fixture
Purple Gas Glass Electric blue Magenta

And some inside pics decorated for parties...
Candle Picture frame Purple Decoration Event

Blue Purple Violet Electric blue Event

Purple Light Pink Violet Entertainment

Purple Light Lighting Violet Art
Table Purple Entertainment Performing arts Chair

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! I appreciate the kind words. I do it for me more than anyone else, but I'm also hoping to inspire tomorrow's haunters the same way that I was 30+ years back. 😁 The guy who was my inspiration is actually still doing it although he took several years off for a while. I thought he had moved or maybe something worse, but he set up again in full force last year. I was THRILLED and took a bunch of pictures of his display which is more elaborate than it was back when I was a kid. He also had a neighbor move in who let him expand into their front yard too, so he now has twice the space. I need to find me a neighbor like that. 😁 Is it odd for me to hope that any time somebody moves out of the neighborhood, that a haunter buys the house? 🤣

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great lighting and set design, I love the Michael Myers inside looking down at people!
Thanks! Love my Michael Myers. I made him for about $50, and he's my favorite prop. Let's see... a mobile phone store at an office I worked at was throwing out a flexible mannequin. They gave that to me. I threw on my own black boots and my coveralls that I used when working on my cars, and bought the mask and a used real butcher's knife. The fingers on the mannequin were flexible, so I posed em, threw on some throwaway rubber gloves and painted them skin colored. The hands took me the longest with painting on fingernails, knuckle and hand creases, etc.

Anyway, because he's my favorite, he's in my spare bedroom year-round, then peers over the second floor walk for August and September, and finally he walks over to the catwalk peering through the big window above my front door with a strobe on him. 😁

Purple Building Lighting Door Violet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! Love my Michael Myers. I made him for about $50, and he's my favorite prop. Let's see... a mobile phone store at an office I worked at was throwing out a flexible mannequin. They gave that to me. I threw on my own black boots and my coveralls that I used when working on my cars, and bought the mask and a used real butcher's knife. The fingers on the mannequin were flexible, so I posed em, threw on some throwaway rubber gloves and painted them skin colored. The hands took me the longest with painting on fingernails, knuckle and hand creases, etc.

Anyway, because he's my favorite, he's in my spare bedroom year-round, then peers over the second floor walk for August and September, and finally he walks over to the catwalk peering through the big window above my front door with a strobe on him. 😁

View attachment 22363
Badass!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Impressive set up and nice house for haunting
Thanks. Appreciate that. Honestly, I didn't look for a house that would be nice for haunting with the exception of having a decent sized front yard. It wasn't until after I set up for the first year that I noticed how nicely the peaks above the front windows show. I'm also lucky to have several front windows because the 1st floor windows are nice and big which is perfect for static props to be lit up in, and the upstairs windows are good for projections. I also like that the way that Night Stalkers AtmosFEARfx background gives an eerie glow in the upstairs window. Every haunted house has a glowing upstairs window. 😁

If I decide to move again, I'm sure the realtor is gonna hate me because add to the list of desires, "a house that would haunt nicely". 🤣 Can you imagine being a realtor and you find someone "the perfect house", but they say it isn't quite right for my haunt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think asking for a house suitable for haunting is an entirely reasonable request:whistle::D:)
I agree, but I'd trust no realtor to know what that means in the first place.

For me?

• Big front yard with grass. Can't have a half-moon paved drive
  • Sidewalk preferred
  • Large 1st floor windows
  • Usable 2nd floor windows
  • Catwalk and big picture window over front door preferred
  • Side yard would be nice
  • At least 3-car garage
  • If HOA, no limitations on decorating, or I have to be installed as HOA president. 🤣
  • Garage attic is a must
And that's not to mention all my requirements for a house in general, # of bedrooms, basement storage, yada, yada. Again, a realtor would hate me. 🤣

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very nice, that is an amazing display! When we moved almost two years ago we had set pretty reasonable hauntable standards for the front yard for potential homes and our realtor knew that every house we looked at we were going to ask about the traffic flow of TOT's in the neighborhood so I don't think those are unreasonable things to ask for at all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice, that is an amazing display! When we moved almost two years ago we had set pretty reasonable hauntable standards for the front yard for potential homes and our realtor knew that every house we looked at we were going to ask about the traffic flow of TOT's in the neighborhood so I don't think those are unreasonable things to ask for at all.
That's one of the best setups I've seen in quite a bit. Well done!
Wow. Thanks so much for the very kind words. I appreciate it very much.

Riff - Great points on guardrails for a realtor. When I decide to search for a new home at some point, my guidelines would be a house not on a main road (just because), but not at the end of a cul-de-sac either. I'd prefer a house near an entrance into a subdivision rather than one all the way in the back of one. That would give good traffic and be free advertising for everyone to see it while entering. However, if the perfect hauntable house is in the back of a subdivision, so be it. Again, it would be a nice to have. A large enough front yard and 3-car garage are required.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm the new dude round these parts, although I've been decorating my house for roughly 7 years. I wanted to share a few pics of my house with this group. Hopefully I can hold my own, but I have seen some amazing things on this forum. Pre-covid I also had an annual party, so decorated the inside pretty extensively. These pics span about 2 or 3 years. I add a bunch of animatronics outside only for Halloween day which can't be seen in these pics, but you get the gist..
View attachment 22347
View attachment 22348 View attachment 22349
View attachment 22350 View attachment 22351
And some inside pics decorated for parties...
View attachment 22353
View attachment 22357
View attachment 22356
View attachment 22354 View attachment 22355
Top Shelf display there Slasher!

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 22363
Awesome use of the window above the door!! Love it all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts