Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been invited to be a major part of the Sacramento River Cats' (our baseball team) next to last game on the 30th....HOORAY! We are the first haunt to ever grace their field. So, for the second time this year, our haunt is making history! :D

Besides us dancing The Monster Mash on the field and their staff passing out our flyers to everyone when they leave, they are also showing our haunt video on their wide stadium screen...another HOORAY!!
I decided that I didn't want our usual video up there since it wasn't a marketing tool. My goal is to sell as many tickets online and I thought this video would be the perfect opportunity ~ in front of 5,000 fans!
The music is by a local group called SIGMA Project. I heard their song called Exercitus Dei and HAD to have it for the video. They agreed and will even be playing at our haunt the second day we're in operation.

I wanted all of you to take a look at the new video and give me your opinions. Although it is too late to change the video as it is now with the River Cats' promotions department, I'd still like to know what you think of it.
Turn up the volume!

Thanks and Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
If screaming kids and guys praying to God don't help sell your haunt, I don't know what will! Great job Empress. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dang Emp your officially a "Haunt Machine" that video is way cool!! This year won't be like last year thats for sure (Not that last years wasn't great) I am just saying with all the work you have put into this years haunt is gonna pay off big time. I am "very" interested in how the on-line ticket thing goes so don't forget about me after the haunt is over. I will be back asking about it Muhaa Muhaa

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ah, the sound of screaming teens! Love the video, looks like great fun to be had ;) Best wishes for a good season.:devil:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your well wishes, Everyone!

The game was FABULOUS!
Fast paced, exciting and nonstop! We went out with them for the mini screaming contest. You should have seen the looks. Now, you may wonder, how in the world could I see the looks of 5,000 people. Trust me when I say that you could feel the looks. Looks that said, "Good Grief", "What the heck?" and "AAaaaaaah!"

We then came out for the dance. They cut in the middle of our routine, but it was okay. The Monster Mash never looked so good! 8) Two men approached me later and said I danced the best and asked if they could take me home! :shock:

After that, we went up on top where all the concessions were and mingled with the people. We passed out oodles of fliers, scared people (which is ALWAYS a delight!) and I even had the chance to speak with people about Autism. One of them being a middle-aged woman who's father suffered from the spectrum disorder.

I'm sad to say that they never showed the video... :cry: I was very disappointed about that. Well, at least they hadn't before we left which was right after the seventh inning stretch. But, the upside is that during that time is when every gate available for exiting was covered by staff passing out our fliers. They even tried to give us one (we were out of costume and makeup and didn't recognize us). It was such a delight to see people studying our fliers and to only see two tossed on the ground on the long walk from the stadium to the car. I picked them up, of course. Fliers cost money! :D

Now comes the time that I will do something I rarely do...pat myself on the back. I'm happy to say that I airbrushed 6 people in 45 minutes! Grant it, that's not a lot for the experts, but remember, I am a beginner. Below, are a few pics of the characters I created:

MOANA

POXY

RAT BOY

VIOLET

I'm not sure if I mentioned that the River Cats will be contacting all of their 50,000 email contacts via press release to announce our haunt. PLUS, we were just picked up by the local Halloween Express stores. We will be participating in their Halloween Week at a local mall by creating makeup for the customers (not me...thank goodness. I'm not ready) and of course...dancing The Monster Mash. But there's more! Every customer purchasing merchandise from Halloween Express will receive one of our postcards in their bag!!

Things are really happening.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.