Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I've been lurking around for some months now and decided I should officially join this great forum. I live in Long Island, New York with my wife Diana, who loves Halloween as much as I do. We're home haunters and try to up the bar each year making for better and more complex displays.

In addition to our crank ghost, animated displays, and some static life size figures, like our one of a kind Glenn Strange Frankenstein (right out of Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein) props, we finally started with our first pneumatic sit up figure for 2006. Although it had some "ghost" triggering issues, which we now know how to fix using a relay, it worked great. Most of our props are either made by my wife and I, or we've purchase some of the components and then completed them or modified them to our liking.

This year we're going to try to eliminate our triggered audio effects, which work using manually operated X-10 units. We want to go with something fully automated with motion sensors and we think we've found exactly what we'll need for this.

My wife and I are working on modifying our website to start showing some photos of our haunt. When that is complete, I'll be inviting you all to view it. Only a few photos appear on it now, and they are from several years ago. I hope to get the chance to speak with many of you and look forward to sharing our haunt photos and techniques with you all.;)

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Welcome here Richie. :)

I'm new to this myself, but what made my emotions go overboard was taking my 2 year old son TOTing and almolst nobody participating in a dying tradition around here. So, I'm determined to do what I can for next year!

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Welcome!

There are lots of creative people and good ideas always floating around here.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Howldy Richie.

Here you are among freinds who are always ready to help.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
It's always good to see a new face in the crowd... and boy has the crowd grown! Welcome aboard.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Welcome Richie - Always glad to have new blood on the forum. I'm glad that your wife also shares your passion for Halloween. I think it makes it fun to make props and share ideas when the better half is interested tooo.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Welcome neighbor! Black Cat and I are just 20 miles "dead" West of NYC, in Northern NJ. Glad you joined in, and can't wait to see the pics.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Hi and welcome! Great bunch of haunters here. You should fit right in. (I love lurking too.)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.