Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader and finally made the jump and registered. First off thanks to everyone for sharing all your ideas, tutorials, and helpful tips to make Halloween what it is. I can just feel the love.

I live in Poulsbo WA. and started yard haunting 3 years ago. Our first year was no focus on set design, just store bought items. Last year and this year I have created 150 feet of fencing, 15 columns for the fencing, a dozen tombstones, FCG, 8x8 mausoluem for the FCG, pine coffin out of 1x3, and several other items I can't seem to remember.

We get about 500 TOTs every year so last year I started a food drive, "Food for Fright" to help our local food bank stock up before the holiday season. We gathered over 300 LBS our first year just by word of mouth. This year our goal is 1000. In addition we have implemented a "Vote for your favorite yard haunt" competition as a way to get parents of TOTs involved. We usually have 12 homes that go all out this time of year and will have them highlighted on a print out of our neighborhood plot plan. Should be fun.

Thanks for having me on board, and I look forward to sharing some of my ideas and tutorials (1x3 full size 6 ft coffin for under $45, actually building it this weekend so I will take lots of pics) as well as picking all of your brains. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Poulsbo, Thats not too far from me.
Im thinking of doing the food drive type model this year as well thru our local PTA to get more TOT's and help those in need

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Jon. We have some other Wa. haunters on here as well. Sounds like your all set for a rip roaring holiday. Jump on in and start postings, we're glad to have you here.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Welcome to the forum Smelly-Skelly!!!! 500 TOTs - Man, thatsa lot of TOTs!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome aboard.
Poulsbo, Thats not too far from me.
Im thinking of doing the food drive type model this year as well thru our local PTA to get more TOT's and help those in need
Where are you at? I couldn't believe the turnout for the food drive. I just made some flyers and walked door to door for last year. Parents of TOTs that did not know said they would be bring items the next year. I even put the needs list from "Fishline" on the flyer so everyone knew what they needed.

We used one of those Costco vendor tents at the entrance for our neighbor along with boxes from Costco to pack everything in. Worked great.

Make sure to warn your foodbank. I called ours last week with the warning.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum Smelly-Skelly!!!! 500 TOTs - Man, thatsa lot of TOTs!
We are one of a few handful of established neighborhoods (about 120 homes) that has paved streets, street lights etc, in a small area. Poulsbo is a rather rural area so they drop them off by the bus load at the front gates.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Hi Smelly-love having my brain picked. I prefer it be picked daily, but it only gets picked about once a week any more. Glad to have you here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.