Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here looking for tips and tricks.

I live in New York State and regularly get over 100 visitors (measured by full bars of candy) and over 150 on weekend. I have made an active attempt to be "the house" for Halloween and have learned a lot from Juggernaut/Moonlit Productions.

I hope to learn how to create more automatic props using triggering mechanisms and sounds. I have use pop-ups that are triggered by pulling ropes, but I didn't like how they came out. Last year I started experimenting with motion detectors, but I didn't get the effect I wanted, most due to the dismal sound effect.

My goal for the 2009 Halloween, (Saturday) is to have a 20' x 60' graveyard with gates and front fences and a handful of animated props. My intention is to have the kiddies walk away from the front door and through the graveyard.

As for 2007 and 2008, my plan is to build more props towards that goal. Actually I am unsure if I can build anything for 2007 due to professional issues, but it would be nice if I can cut about 9 more stones.

But all in all, I will be popping in now and then looking for guidance and assistance with sounds, relays, and motors; providing a list of what I have and what I am looking to do.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You found a great site for getting those tips and tricks, a nicer bunch of people couldn't be found! There is a vast knowledge base here at your disposal, and all ya have to do is ask!

as for those 100 ToT's.....thanks for the candy bars....that was ME in 100 different costumes!!!!! mwa ha ha ha:ninja::devil: :zombie: :voorhees: :xbones:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just ask away when you need to!

Dave...you crack me up! LOL

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Welcome Sloat... many a good pnuematics peeps here..

(Dave needs the candy to feed bucketman)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.