Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to speed up the time it takes me to build my controllers, I decided to take the plunge and learn the program Eagle in order to make up PCB's for my most often used controllers. These now take 15 to 40 minutes to assemble instead of hours with much less chance of making a mistake. Here's the first 3 with 2 more to come.

Jaw servo driver with 08M2 Picaxe on board

4 output with an 08M2 Picaxe

[URL="[IMG]http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Halstaff/PCBEZ4-1.jpg[/IMG]"]

Prop Controller with relay, 12V outputs and 2 5V output headers using a Picaxe 08M2

[URL="[IMG]http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Halstaff/PCBPropController.jpg[/IMG]"]

2 Channel Button Banger with the Tenda Audio Board Installed

[URL="[IMG]http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Halstaff/ButtonBangerPost.jpg[/IMG]"]

All in One Prop Controller with the Tenda Audio Board Installed

·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
One of the reason's I decided to go this route, is the make and take groups I've done presentations for are requesting some of these projects. I wanted to make them as easy to build as possible.
I am curious as to how much interest there is in the boards. I do have someone that would put them up for sale on his site if I decide to go that route. I'll be working on build documentation as I have time. If there isn't enough interest to warrant selling them online, I may just order extras when I'm doing a make and take and have them available to those that want one.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I'd be interested in the jaw servo boards. I have 5 Bucky skulls on my bench that are just dying to talk to me. Nice work, Steve!

·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll figure out a way to make these available to those that would like some. I may just handle this myself for now as I don't want to make a big investment in getting boards for inventory until I see if there is more interest.

·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, the one with the relay is a general prop controller. It has 2 headers on a single pin to control 12V lights or motors. The relay can switch 1A AC or 2A DC and I use one side to control audio using these boards - http://www.electronics123.com/kits-and-modules/Audio-Effects-and-Sound-Modules/300-second-usb-recording-module.html which will give me ambient and scare audio. It also has two 5V pins, one of which I use for a PIR to trigger the effect. The other can be used to control led's, or a servo.
The other board has four 5V outputs which can be used for led's, servos or a trigger. I've used it for a cave eye controller with 4 pairs of blinking eyes as well as the controller for my 3 axis skulls. I run a random movement code for the 3 axis skulls and use the 4th pin for a PIR to trigger the movement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have been using the EZ4 board for a few months and am very happy with it. I have not made a real prop out of it yet but have been hooking LEDs and servos up to it and using it to test code as I learn the BASIC language.

As Steve said it will run servos and LEDs but I can confirm that it can also be used to control this MP3 module on the C.0 header leaving 3 ports open on the EZ4 board for servos or a PIR sensor. and adding 6 extra 5 volt 20mA outputs on the MP3 module. The code gets a little more complex with this setup but that's all part of the fun and a really good bang for the buck.

Tyler

·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've added a photo to my first post of my newest board, a 2 channel button banger featuring stereo sound, a PIR trigger and 2 10A relays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What about using the ez-4 for a prop dropper make and take? Say in August!!

I like the design and should be less expensive then the other option!

Ray
CalHaunts Member.

·
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've included in my original post a picture of my latest and probably last new controller for this season. I'd like to focus on a few revisions to the boards I've got already before adding any more new ones.
The concept behind this board is that it will be a board I can use to run just about any prop I can come up with. It has 4 servo headers, a PIR input, a header to connect to my jaw/servo daughter board, 3 connections for 12V solenoids, 2 headers for 12V vent motors, a stereo Tenda card and a 10A relay for 110V items such as lights or a wiper motor.
I didn't put it together with the intention of using all the connectors at once but rather as a controller that would offer a variety of options to fit the requirements of most props. It will be interesting however to see how it works with a heavy load.
Rayster, I'll have to look at the prop dropper again to see what it requires for a servo controller but the EZ4 should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in the jaw servo controller, as well as the key banger. They look awesome!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts