Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, haven't figured out how to take decent indoor photos but here is my latest prop.

Upgraded my cannon idea from a few years ago. Decided I'd take my time and work on the details. It is 5 feet long, about 9 inches in diameter at the back, about 5 inches at the muzzle.

This was a "test" to see if I could pull off the look I was going for and what I could do to improve it. I have an idea to add fog and a muzzle flash for the next one.

The carriage will be made for this one at a later date.

·
Clean "cut"
27,421 Posts
Hot dang, nice work!

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,773 Posts
Oh WOW that is gorgeous work IMU!

·
Super Moderator
64,173 Posts
Really beautiful, IMU. The lion face is an added detail this year, yes? I like it!

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so..... when is the tutorial coming? those are pretty...and I want one.
Sorry, no tutorial on this one because its very similar to the ones I made several years ago. Just changed up a few things for the details and improved on the general build (mainly the muzzle).

My small cannon tutorial 2008

Really beautiful, IMU. The lion face is an added detail this year, yes? I like it!
Lion face is new, wanted a more ornate piece this time around. You know me and details!

Dang, that turned out awesome!!! Your attention to details is once again spot-on and the paint job is beautiful! That lion head sculpt adds a lot to it, very nice detail piece! Excellent work!!!
I was going for an aged bronze look but the pictures make it look a little more blotchy than it really is in person. Maybe you'll have to come visit sometime and see for yourself!

Thanks again for all the nice comments.

·
Mistress of the sea
1,300 Posts
The pictures really do not do it justice. It's an awesome cannon and an awesome builder.... :)

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the cannon next to my MM Pirate from a few years ago.

Gives you a better idea how large it is in relation to a 5' skeleton.

Thanks again for the kind words.

·
Super Moderator
64,173 Posts
I remember that guy:)

Top notch work, IMU!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,238 Posts
Damn IMU, the cannon looks great. I was wondering how you got the nice even tapered look (thanks for the link). The lion face really is a nice addition.

·
2,279 Posts
Love the cannon! The sculpting on the lion's face is great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts