Haunt Forum banner

New Prop Im working on

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  spokanejoe 
#1 ·
This is the Pumpkin Creep animatronic based on a prop I saw on Skull and Bone web site, My Prop rises from the ground with a growl looks left and right complaining about people walking through his pumkin patch and then gets really mad and reaches out to grab someone. Heres what I have now more to come soon. The pics.

#9 ·
I definitely wanna see this when done ..really cool
what are the fingers made with?
And just curious as to what that yellowy orange stuff hangin off rib areas in that one pic is.

#14 ·
Impressive! ( I save that word for the the truely...impressive)..
How will you trigger the head animitronic when it reaches it's apex?
Will it be VSA controlled? You should look into purchasing the Exorcist VSA trigger device. Go to www.Skulltronix.com and browse to the exorcist section. It would be perfect for what you're trying to do.

#15 ·
Rock on!! That is an excellent rig. Minimal mechanical bars to distract from the prop, and good threatening stance & movement! That should be menacing as hell when it's finished!

#17 · (Edited)
Dr. Morbius
Thank you .I will program the movements with a pico plc(allen bradly),it will be a 3 input sensor array, left, right and, middle the head will face the sensor triggered as the TOTs walk by, when they reach the center sensor, BIG SCREAM and the arms reach out for them. I have the VSA software and use it on other props, and I make my own triggers for it (a very EZ key board hack). Thank you for the heads up on the trigger.

#23 ·
WOW!! Can't wait to see the finished product. You certainly won't have to get much candy to give out. Just collect the spilled bags from your front lawn when the little t-o-t's leave when they run to their mommys screaming. I love the scary effect! That is what Halloween is all about . GREAT JOB!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.