Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this weekend at BedBath & Beyond $39, also at WalMart $35. Great sound and colors, very natural movement. They're going fast supposedly. Can't wait to try out.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I saw a display one at Michaels but all sold out. I want one sooooo freeekin badly. It looks amazing.

The one at Michaels had a womans face like a tarot Reader.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I snagged one at Michaels with a 40% off coupon a few weeks ago. I'm probably going to hack it into a fortune-telling machine idea I have brewing. I'd like to build it into a box with a glass front and a coin slot. The TOTs will get a plastic coin in their treat bags and can then deposit the coin into the coin slot for their fortune.

Too many ideas and no time to implement them for this year.

The animation on the gypsy one is pretty good. It looks really good in the dark. The only "problem" I have with it is the lights that light up the eyes also show through the skin on her face a bit. Definitely worth the $35 for it though. :D

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
I snagged the michaels one with a 50% off coupon, thanks to the help of the manager pulling one for me when the truck came in. Zombie's right about the lights for the eye's lighting the face also, but I'm gonna try to fix that. Another idea is to cut the internal speaker and connect an external pair of powered computer speakers. The one pictured above looks like it is from the same series as the gypsy lady one sold at Michaels. Good luck!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Saw these at Home Depot too

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Zombie F... check out the Gemmy website because the idea you are talking about is already made. Here's the link:

http://www.gemmy.com/product.cfm?productId=28170&subCatId=68&parent=41

Hope this helps.
Not quite what I'm gonna do, but along those lines. The thing I plan on making is going to be large, like a stand-up arcade machine. I'll probably paint the outside of it to have an old carnival arcade feel to it and adorn the inside with wisps of fabric here and there to give it a "gypsy" feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts