Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Just announcing we have a new sponsor here, and will have many more new sponsors appearing here over the course of this Halloween season.

I'd like to welcome Big Scream TV to the list of people whose contributions make this forum's existence possible. So, this Halloween season, be sure to stop by their web site and purchase one of their products. Without sponsors like them, this place wouldn't be able to exist.

Big Scream TV: A collection of extraordinary Halloween DVDs and CDs with the same Special Effects that has thrilled crowds at Six Flags Over St. Louis!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great Products!!! I love your Haunted Decorating in the backgrounds...adds alot of depth to the displays :D

Will you be adding any new stuff in 2007?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was truly disappointed yesterday. I went to Scream TV’s website and read all about the DVDs they have available and which ones I wanted. The whole time I was thinking, great I can start my first major project for Halloween 2007 by building one of the displays (for the DVD images) shown on the site. I picked which ones I wanted, got the old credit card out and went to order the DVDs I’d chosen. Well I’m sure some of you know what happen next……I get a screen that says the store is closed!

I’m sorry buy why advertise if you have nothing to sell me right now? I was so disappointed, and to tell the truth a little mad. Zombie, I think you should put a disclaimer on this thread telling people the items are not available to order at this time and, scream TV needs to also add a statement on their main page saying the same thing so people don’t waist their time looking, only to be disappointed in the end .

I guess I should have been smart enough to know the store was closed during the “off season” but, I thought they were catering to people like me who love Halloween all year round. Someone who builds props during the summer months making it not the “off season” but the prop building season!

I know I can still build the prop (TV holder and all that) but, I would like to see how anything I build works and heck, I’m not even sure which one I would like to build without seeing the DVD in action. Also I was a little excited about the “turn your house into a haunted house” DVD and the fact I could just sit and watch it and keep my Halloween sprit up……damn it!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eyes, I'm sorry to see you are disappointed, but please take these issues up with the people who operate bigscreamtv.info and not with HauntForum.com. We have no control over how they operate their web site and they are the ones who need to be aware of this if it is to be corrected. We were paid to advertise a product. By them getting an ad up early, more people will be aware of their product when the time comes for them to open their shop again for the season. Their products are available from a multitude of vendors out there. Amazon.com has a fair amount of their DVDs on sale.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That’s cool Zombie just thought I would let you know because, the shopping experience people have from links on your site will reflect on your site whether you want it to or not. I don’t want the experience I had to be passed on to other potential (or current) members of Unpleasant Street and reflect bad on your site because, I love it here and want anyone who visits to love it just as much. I’ll take your advice and look around the net and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's cool Zombie just thought I would let you know because, the shopping experience people have from links on your site will reflect on your site whether you want it to or not. I don't want the experience I had to be passed on to other potential (or current) members of Unpleasant Street and reflect bad on your site because, I love it here and want anyone who visits to love it just as much. I'll take your advice and look around the net and see what I can find.
This isn't Unpleasant Street... that site is uniquely for my haunt. HauntForum is its own entity.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness, but unless a vendor is flat-out ripping off my users, misrepresenting themselves or up to something else malicious, then it's not really our concern here at HauntForum. If a manufacturer wants to operate a shop of their own, that's their own decision to make.

Now, if you had a vendor who was being dishonest in some way or up to some other kind of shenanigans, then I would step in and try to get the issue resolved with them or else refund the unused portion of their advertising money and just part ways with them. You are right, I don't want to associate with the "wrong" kind of advertisers, but I think what you were complaining about doesn't quite fit the bill.

I do have other similar advertisers I'm currently trying to wine and dine that make a product but don't operate a shop of their own, and I hope these comments don't scare them off. :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
I ahve MOST of the DVD's and love them! The site will be opening in the next couple of months- acrroding to an email I sent them as I want the TErroreyes DVD- the only one I dont have :-(

·
Registered
277 Posts
I do have other similar advertisers I'm currently trying to wine and dine that make a product but don't operate a shop of their own, and I hope these comments don't scare them off. :(
I don't see why my comments would "Scare them off", they show by advertizing here they will get custormers...if they are ready to handle them??

I think my comments have been taken the wrong way, I was only giving you honest feedback on a new advertiser on your site, I didn't mean to "bash" or "badmouth" anyone. :(

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll take up your concerns with the Big Scream people. Perhaps they should add a few links to some shops that carry their product?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.