Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Halloween has always been my favorite holiday and I have been interested in costumes and make-up effects for many years. This year, however, I have become a new homeowner and finally have my first shot at creating my own props and decorations for my yard. I can't wait to pick up some great tips from you all to entertain my first trick-or-treaters this year! :D

What were the first props you all built when you got into this?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Bluebledthesea! First props? Lets just say for me, they we Pathetic! But then again, I did not have this wonderful source of information, ideas and how to's....so yours should be much better! Only 42 more days to go, so you better read fast!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Nchaunting, will do!

Lagrousome - I know! The pressure is on. Given what I've researched, I'll be starting much earlier next year. We just finished moving and I only decided recently that I wanted to do this. Maybe it will be more of a practice run to see what I'm getting myself into for next year...

I'd love to be able to put together a cemetery with foam headstones, a corpse emerging from the ground in front of one of them, another creature peek-a-booing from behind one, a fence around the front, fog machine with chiller and red/green lights to illuminate it, as well as a blood/skull fountain built on a plastic birdbath by our front door. Of course, I want to build it all myself... so... It looks like I'm going to be busy. Haha, or maybe I should just lower my expectations and start earlier next year. We'll see what I can accomplish. :googly:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If we ever buy another house, it will have to pass the "would this make a great place for our haunt" test first. Can't wait to tell a Realtor that THIS is the most important thing!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.