Haunt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum but have been a Halloween fan since I was little. I got into creating props a very long time ago as a kid when I rigged a speaker inside a hanging sheet to make a talking ghost. Hoping to get some cool ideas and see what everyone is making.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Look around, and make sure you let us see some of your stuff!
Thanks! I had a long stretch where I wasn't doing much. Still loved Halloween, and would decorate every year. But didn't have the time to really get into building. (work, personal stuff, etc). I have found more time for it in the last couple of years, and got inspired when I saw these forums. Here's a pic from last year. My first prop since starting back up was the cannon which is made from scrap wood, drain pipe, and a cheap fogger. The candy chute is a holdover from covid and was so popular I decided to keep it. I might add a skeleton head at the top and some long arms reaching down to the front. On the right is my interpretation of the book of spells from Hocus Pocus with a light up moving eye. All three can be remotely activated, and the candy chute lights up and speaks when you reach in to grab your candy. My plan for this year is to have a Great Pumpkin ghost section on the right and a Sanderson sisters section on the left. We get lots of younger kiddies so I try not to make it too scary for them. Was thinking about some simple automation for the two themes. Maybe have the ghosts light up as you pass, and have the Sanderson sisters standing around a cauldron with the book in hand, or on a lectern. Hopefully, I can pull it all together in time.
Window Lighting Door Fire Gas
Plant Property Building Window Light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts