Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I finally made a new tomb and a new set of tombstones! The tomb is made from plywood, lumber and styrofoam, the tombstones from styrofoam and 3D printed text.

Headstone Plant Font Grass Groundcover
Plant Cemetery Headstone Grave Grass

The tombstones fit inside the tomb for storage and transport; I've made five, but there's room for three more!
Cemetery Sculpture Cross Grass Headstone

My entire cemetery, consisting of two of these tombs, a pillar and a few crosses, all fit in my car and a trailer.

·
Super Moderator
68,161 Posts
I love the detail on the stones. The edging/framing pieces add depth and beauty (note to self - do this on my next tombstone).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fantastic job on the builds! That is one sturdy tomb! How many hours do you estimate it took you to build that?
Didn't really keep track of it, but I think it adds up to over 20 hours total. It took quite a long time because I cut all of the stones out of foam individually (did this to use leftovers, didn't want to throw them away).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaaaand here's the follow up, about the tombstones:

Compared to my other props, the tomb and tombstones turned out a bit too dark. Also, the text doesn't show up very well, especially in low light. By next Halloween, I need to do some repairs anyway, so I'll probably give my entire graveyard a bit of a makeover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts