Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,302 Posts
Seriously, Andrew, you shouldn't be copping real stones out of the local graveyard. Gives haunters a bad rep:googly::D

These really do look like stone - the paint job gives them a very realistic look and texture.

Sad to see Bugs finally bit it, though....:jol:

·
The Cleaner
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paint it black with a roller, with sand mixed into the black paint. Then drybrush lighter colors. The obelisk has tan, brown and green on top of the black.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,267 Posts
Those look great. The first looks like real rough cut stone.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Beautiful! I'm in the process of making an obelisk as well. Hope it turns out that nice. Really liking these both!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very real looking. Agreed that the paint job is pro faux stone. what did you use to cut out your lettering? knife? or dremel? sumthin else?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Those are some nice looking stones. Really well done. Poor bugs though.

·
Director of Ambiance
1,816 Posts
The first is my favorite - love the depth of the stone, the texture on the edges, the coloring, everything. Looks very realistic... as does the obelisk as well, but that first one took my heart :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree with Dixie, I really like the texture on the rough cut, sweet looking stone. The obelisk is slick as well...I may have to try the paint technique.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Can you give the dimensions of the low stone and some info on how it was made? I'm really taken by this and would love to try a similar design. Thanks!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
poor bugs...but the stones are awesome!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts