Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,335 Posts
And aren't you glad you have one more thing off the to-do list now?:)

Hanging a bit of gauzy material off the arms of the cross is a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wow - that is just huge! I love it - and Roxy's right - the gauze is a very nice finishing touch.

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
I like it. I would add a bit of moss or seaweed though around the barrel. But I do like it.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Wicked!!! The carving and texturing are top shelf, and the whole thing just looks authentic. Bravo!

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the kind words. :)

I like it. I would add a bit of moss or seaweed though around the barrel. But I do like it.
I have a few things on order that should arrive by the end of the week, one item is something I was going to use as seaweed. :D

·
Super Moderator
64,335 Posts
I just noticed something, IMU - you left off the spigot on the keg. Surely mourners should be able to draw a dram of rum to drink in honor of the good Captain when they visit his gravesite:D

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah ... but it's also a part of the haunt ... the spigot appears for only 3 days too! :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Only way it could look better is if the keg were full! Strong work!

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again for all the kind words. I don't do a lot of tombstones (actually, it's my first one) so I'm still learning how to do these projects. :)

I really liked the how-to that Uruk-Hai has on his website for tombstone painting. His tombstones are what inspired me to make this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts