Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made this nifty Eyeball Wreath.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/octoberist_photos/?action=view&current=wreath2367.jpg

I used a Michael's grapevine wreath form and spray painted it black. Then I made a mess of Easy Eyes out of 1" and 1 and a 1/4" wooden balls and dotted the wreath with them.

Here are a couple more pics:

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/octoberist_photos/?action=view&current=wreath2369.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/octoberist_photos/?action=view&current=wreath370.jpg

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I like it also but..
not the bow - too colorful for me
maybe some hanging ivy, dried grape vine with leaves or spanish moss

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
You know what I like best about this? The simplicity of this priject for beginners and experienced alike!

BTW I love the ideas with the light up eyes!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have to agree with Lilly...the bow takes away the "ghoulish look". Up close, it looks good, but from a distance, it may look like just white balls on a wreath. JMO
I was checking out your pics and you are very creative. I love your grave crawler and beastie.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody.

Was making eyeballs for some zombies and was having so much fun doing it that I made way too many eyes. So I had to figure out what to do with them. I'd made another grapevine wreath last year with a twine spiderweb in the middle and a dead blackbird hanging from the web, so that gave me the idea of dotting a wreath with them. I like that the bundled vines look a bit like eye stalks or something. (And I think you might be right, Lilly, I am not sold on the purple bow either.)

Anyway, thank you all again for all your kind comments.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to agree with Lilly...the bow takes away the "ghoulish look". Up close, it looks good, but from a distance, it may look like just white balls on a wreath. JMO
I was checking out your pics and you are very creative. I love your grave crawler and beastie.
That's ok that you might not be able to tell it's eyes from a distance. A better shock when you are on the welcome mat and knocking on the door. lol.
Thanks for your comments on the crawler and the beastie. I will post some more pics of new props soon. For some reason I am making a lot of props this year. I'm sorely addicted.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Ahhhhh addictions......
So many props...so little time
I panic when I see we only have 176 days left to Halloween.......
Then, hen I wake up in the morning, I'll only have 175 days.......
Oh no, I gotta go.....got props to make!!!!!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
If it had green moss on it it would look like one of those cave creatures from Fraggle Rock!:)

Very cool idea... great twist on decorating!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here's the eyes I'll use on my werath, looks a lot like the ones you made Octoberist. BTW picked these up at a yard sale for a buck each (two strands) and you guys and gals know how I love my thrift store/yard sale stuff. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:jol: Thanks again for all the comments guys, I am enjoying HauntForum so much. What a great group of guys. I really love looking at all your creations and sharing some of mine. BTW, I just bought some liquid latex for making some molds and some 2 part foam for casting. Will show you what emerges!

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I was at michael's today looking at the branch wreaths. Only $4 for the size I was looking at. Nice price. Now to locate the lit strands of eyes I saw earlier before buying everything...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey I like it. I have some eyeballs which fade in and out and this would be a perfect use for them...thanks for the idea.
For some reason I don't find it particularly hard to believe that somebody with the screen name Eyes_in_the-dark might just happen to have a string of light-up eyeballs laying around somewhere. :jol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts