Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:googly: I am so excited to share this with you all! Now, I know it's not as exciting as most of the props here....and I still have some learning to do, but I wanted to post my very first homemade tombstone. Constructive criticism is welcome...but remember, I cry easily....so be gentle!
Thanks & I hope you like it!!!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gee, shucks ya' guys....ya' makin' me blush!!!!
Thank you for the vote of confidence! I am hoping to get a little quicker as I go though....at the rate that this one took, I'll be making tombstones until next easter!
I started my 2nd one tonight and for mother's day, I ordered myself one of those cutters...not the battery one, the "big daddy"....I figured I could make A LOT of things out of foam with it. Thanks again for everyone's ideas, support & suggestions.
By the way, my hubby even came out to the garage (aka dungeon) and was playing around with warping with his torch....I think he's catching the fever. (fingers crossed!!!)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
See, we TOLD you the rough lettering would look good!:)
And when you get that under haunt lighting conditions I think that stained weathering job will look really nice, too.

Good luck building a fire under yer ol' boy... the two of you working as a team could kick out a mighty haunt!
:jol:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Very nice lagrousome...
your lettering turned out good
one down ??? to go

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Great work you could have an easter cemetary. Tomstones are geat for hiding eggs.:D. And as I always say the couplr that haunts together stays together.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all!! I will have to post some more pics...working on the next (2) stones...the base is just a 2" board, then (2) smaller boards each cut smaller layed on top & glued.... I will have to get in the habit of taking pics as the process is going....but I have to admit, I get so excited to get projects together that I forget to take pics.......anybody else get like that? I even hate it if I have to stop and print out templates, etc. And God forbid if I have to stop to eat or something.....urgh!!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
, I get so excited to get projects together that I forget to take pics.......anybody else get like that? I even hate it if I have to stop and print out templates, etc. And God forbid if I have to stop to eat or something.....urgh!!!
Oh yeah......I know it well!

you are hooked!:p

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
It gets tough taking pics when you are trying to work.

Fantastic job. Take a night photo with lighting if you get a chance...pweeeze!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boy, I can't wait to see the look on my neighbors faces as I progress along and set things up to see how it's all going to look and work on lighting, etc.....DURING THE SUMMER!!!!! I'm sure I'll have the neighbors talking.......

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha Ha Ha! Yes, they do talk ALREADY!
I am well known not only for my "Creative Halloween Decor"....but my unique use of antiques and what nots I use in my landscaping....The retired lawyer across the street about $&!+ when I came home with the cutest little out house! Then there's my "pot man" made out of flower pots pushing an old lawn mower....etc, etc. I love knowing that they are probably over there just shaking their heads!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts