Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this neat little development with you guys... one of our local papers, the Pembroke Reporter, contacted me today about doing a story on my bizarre little Halloween hobby:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Definitely a story here
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:17:51

Hi--

My name is Sarah, and I work for the Pembroke Reporter. I was wondering if I
could do a feature story on you.

If you're interested, let me know.

Sarah B. Wolfgang
Pembroke Reporter

(508) 746-5555 x 214
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a small local paper that only gets around in our town, so that kind of publicity is fine. If it was like the Boston Globe or Boston Herald, I may be a bit apprehensive because I don't think I'm set up to handle the kind of traffic that paper would drive in.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reporter is coming on Monday around 4. I'm going to set up some stuff in the back yard to show her as well as give her a peek at some of the new stuff I have in the works for this year. :)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spooklights said:
Congrats! Can you post the article when it comes out?
Sure, I'll scan it and post it... unless of course it's mirrored on their web site. In that case, I'll post a link to it. :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
take some pics of her and post'em here. ... you can tell her that she has entered into a zoo,of sorts, and us animals want a chance to look back. :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
All your hard work has finally paid off! Congrats! I can't wait to see the article.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
This is your ticket to the big time Dave, no pressure......lol.........And don't forget to mention that you have a very popular website named Hauntforum.com. Good luck, I'm sure it will go great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Speak in soundbites! Also, try to imagine the questions the reporter will ask and then practice your answers. Also, ahead of time, think of things you really want to make sure get said then, just like the politicians, throw that in when you can. Sounds goofy, but it will help you make sure you're happy with the part of the article you contribute.

Yours in PR,

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Congratulations Z-F. It's always nice to get the recognition for all the hard work. We've been written up for the past 2 years in two different papers. The first one, 2 years ago, was for a small local type paper and the article was great! Last year it was in the major newspaper in the area and although they asked tons of questions...to my husband who hasn't built ANYTHING, and he tried deflecting them back to me, they still thought he did alot of the work. And the article was not that great anyway. Stick with the local papers...I agree. Please post the article when it comes out...we'd all like to see it. (Sorry this turned into bit of a rant LOL) Again...congratulations.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Congrats Zombie-F!!!! It's good to have braggin' rights once in a while. I know you will do very well and who knows they might do a follow-up story on ya every year (Now the pressures on!).

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The reporter just left. I think it went pretty well. She asked some questions and I rambled on for quite a while, during which I was showing her as much stuff as I could.

I worked a plug for the forums in too. :D She seemed a little surprised that there are this many of us out there. :)

It goes into print on Thursday, so I'll pick up a stack of copies then. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts