1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I think that would be a haunting not a night terror. Night terrors are when you wake up screaming from a nightmare, I believe. I think your European you doo woman is right. Hope they never get to comfortable.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
You are not alone. Many people experinece this. I just happened to catch a short on it in a show on a home haunting. I thnk many "hauntings" in teh home can be attributed to this.

There is a theory that suggests that since your eye takes in visions throughout the day, it may be possible that some people have the ability to "project" or play back images that have been seen at a prior time...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That shadow link you sent me is fairly similar to what I see. Ive had them since I was a teen in high school. They can appear in forms of swarms of bugs, bats hands and arms reaching over my head....Ill never forget the time I had 2 adult sized males standing at my door entrance watching me. I was so scared and I hope they never come back in that form again. They have no facial features nothing theyr just shadows....Ive torn my blinds of their frame before trying to let light in. Thats how I get rid of them usually. I can rub my eyes, scream, stand up and nothing works, just bright light. And its not one house. Ive moved over 8 times...just something thats with me I guess.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I see shadow people and animals all the time ...
they will not hurt you.

"And its not one house. Ive moved over 8 times...just something thats with me I guess."
same here Howlin..doesn't bother me though

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah, Shadow People actually seem to be watching humans.
Which, I guess, could be creepy in its own right. But not dangerous.

Are any of them wearing hats? Most shadow people seem to be adult males, wearing hats.

Howlin, I don't know how much of the paranormal you buy into, but perhaps you have a bit of psychic ability. There are plenty of theories out there that say these kind of things are all around, but only some humans are "gifted" enough to be able to see them.
Have you tried talking to them? Asking what they want? Maybe doing some EVP recordings? Could be they are actually trying to get your attention for a reason.

It could also be that you're affected by high EMF. I know you've said you moved, but have you brought the same alarm clock or lamp or anything like that, that might be at the side of your bed with you? EMF really can mess with human brains. There is a technical name for it, but I can't remember what it is.

I guess the biggest thing to remember is, they really can't hurt you. Yeah, they can annoy you, but that's it. I know that's easy for me to say, as it's not happening to me, but it's important to remember.

Shadow People, like all paranormal occurences seem to come into and out of people lives at random. Could be that you will never see them again.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I can only hope that after 13 years of it that one day it will leave for good. Maybe when I leave the city...
No hat on them....just like black ghosts with little form but still enough to resemble a person or animal....I have seen some features on them before though when I use to have a little bit of light coming through my blinds. Anyways I don't always know they're not going to hurt me because I think one day Ill have a heart attack and die. hahaheeeeehhhhh not funny.

·
Registered
903 Posts
How scary it must be to go to bed every night! not knowing what will happen. Once I swear I was awake and a shadow man opened my closet door and had a shadow knife and ran towards my bed and like fell into the bed, as if it meant to stab me, my sister says I was asleep but even now I know I was awake. we had been watching scary movies so we just ignored it and passed it off as a nightmare. but if I had to go thru that often!! Oh heck NO! I feel for ya!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah, it's not exactly night terrors, which are more closely related to nightmares:

I'm glad I don't get these... waking up screaming doesn't sound fun.

I've never seen what you guys are describing. Instead I get a sort of glowing yellow-green aura that floats and sweeps through my field of vision, until I turn on a light. It seems to be more of an oxygen-level in the retina sort of thing though. Heavy breathing also fights it off.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i don't wake up screaming myself. I wake up, then I see the shadow. then i scream heheh
haven't had anything in the past week so im sleeping better heheh

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have had night terrors since I was a child and have them now when under great stress. I sleep walk alot when I have them. The next day after an episode I normally have a bad head ache. No shadow people but some horrible dreams that I can't wake up from.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
There's a thing that I cant remember the medical name of but it's the flip side of a lucid dream. In a lucid dream, your consciousness intrudes on the dream state, and you're in the dream world but aware that it's a dream and can make conscious decisions (I love these). But some people instead have the opposite happen, when they become conscious but the dream state doesn't end and injects it's weird contents into the conscious perception. Sort of like the same overlap concept but on the other side of the dividing line. As long as the surroundings are dark or very dim that transitional state can still taper off for a while, because the brain hasn't been completely jarred into its waking wave pattern. It's like it hasn't fully committed to "am I awake or am I asleep." But when the retinas are blasted with full light, the brain makes its decision and the weird images shut off.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I HATE lucid dreams! I am so conscious but have no control over my body. My MB rate is so low for sleeping that my conscious mind makes me feel as if I am suffocating. I try to scream but usually can only get out a loud, painful mumble. My wife has been instructed to shake me if she hears it. It takes everything I have to wake myself. Years ago, I took a college class on Indian Philosophy and it was completely understood has a higher level of mental awareness. It SUX….

On your Shadow beast try the opposite of fear and invoke confrontation. When it happens, sit-up, and say, aggressively “WHAT”. You might be surprised…….
This is a non-professional suggestion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That shadow link you sent me is fairly similar to what I see. Ive had them since I was a teen in high school. They can appear in forms of swarms of bugs, bats hands and arms reaching over my head....Ill never forget the time I had 2 adult sized males standing at my door entrance watching me. I was so scared and I hope they never come back in that form again. They have no facial features nothing theyr just shadows....Ive torn my blinds of their frame before trying to let light in. Thats how I get rid of them usually. I can rub my eyes, scream, stand up and nothing works, just bright light. And its not one house. Ive moved over 8 times...just something thats with me I guess.
You can see shadow people in daylight too. Just thought I should let you know. The years have taught me a lot.
Also some people believe that shadow people are peoples thoughts, or something like imaginary friends; but then they gain enough energy to become a seperate entity.
And never forget Hatman, he has a tophat, and most often appears to homosexual men.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Interesting thread. I had a case of sleep paralysis once that included auditory hallucinations, and I've read that it can include the visual kind as well. That doesn't exactly sound like what was experienced in this case, but maybe there is a connection there somewhere... seeing as how the shadows are only seen upon waking up suddenly from deep sleep.
On the other hand, just because sleep paralysis, and the like, have been scientifically documented, the cause of it is still not understood. Who's to say that's it's not a pranormal experience in itself? Sure seemed that way when it happened to me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This may be similar, but there is a phenomenon called "Sleep Paralysis" that I have experienced. It occurs when you "wake up" in the middle of the REM stage of sleep. In this stagem your body is natuarally paralized, but you can technically "see"...problem is, your body is immobilized, thanks to the natural order of things, and your brain is in the dream state, where it hallucinates randomly. So you see your actual surroundings, but your brain implants hallucinations on it, and your body cab't move to do anything about it! I have experienced this, in the form of "alien visitations". And when you know its happening, you can break it. But if you are unaware, it can be terribly frightening. Some people have this experience in the form of seeing ghosts or the devil as well. Just my two cents...from experience.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Don't think I'm being a smart aleck or anything, because I'm not trying to be, nor am I trying to be funny- however, are you sure you WEREN'T Visited by aliens, and someone who doesn't believe in aliens convinced you that they were hallucinations?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.