Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. As the NJ area contingent has formed to make the first Make and Take group from this forum, I realized we were taking over the general topic about such meetings in another thread. I've opened this thread here for our continued online discussion and scheduling of events. The following is a general info form letter sent out today to the participants thus far. Anyone else within range of us, who wishes to participate, please get in touch with Trishaanne or myself. Thanks, Vlad/Ken

Seasons greetings all,
Please excuse the form letter, but I'm rushed to get this out, and don't want to omit anything by typing it from scratch each time. If there are any errors or ommissions, please contact either myself or Pattie, so that we all stay informed, thanks.

Date: December 17th
Time: 11:00 AM- we're finished
Food: Please bring a covered dish for our Holiday
brunch, BYOBeverages
Project: Our project for this meeting, and subsequent
meetings until finished, is to produce a high
quality PVC frame, fit it out with foam wig head
modified to include LED eyes, teeth etc.,
custom made wire and latex hands, rib cages
and wings where applicable.

Each team will of course want to produce a PVC frame that meets their needs. for example, Troy needs one for his stirring witch project. Pattie may want one for that monster mud project she's always wanted to do, Jay (Slightlymad) may want to make a groundbreaker. Each project will entail using different quantities of PVC pipe, and in different sizes, and different amounts of fittings. In order to have the proper materials on hand for each team, I'll need to know what you want to make. Please use this Biped calculator to give you a ball park figure of the # of linear feet of pipe you'll need for your project, and let me know................
http://www.kerlinsoftworks.com/calculator_biped.php

If you're saying to yourself, "hey, this is starting to sound expensive", please don't worry. Many of the items such as PVC pipe I get for free, other items we will make available at our cost. I've bought a lot of stuff in bulk, such as wig heads ($.75 each), hair, LEDs and resistors in bulk from Hong Kong, teeth from the dollar store etc.. You may even want to use items you already have, bring them with you if you desire. These will turn out nicely, and be cheap, I promise.

WARNING

One member of our group is allergic to Latex. Those phases of the project will take place in the early spring when we can work in a more ventilated atmosphere. We'll work on other projects in between.

Talk to you all, and see you all soon, Vlad

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Just one little "correction", if I may....brunch usually occurs between 10 AM and 2:00 PM...what we will be having is a late lunch, early dinner!!!!! Poor Vlad, he is so confused! And don't worry about the latex thing...hubby can tolerate me working with it, he just can't touch it. Vlad just wants to stretch this out so we have excuses to continue getting together, like we really need an excuse. Just for the record, I have tons of hair here if anyone needs any for their project.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
One more thing...I also have some of those plastic faces that they put over the wig heads at the beauty supply stores if anyone wants them. All female but they may just work for some of you.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few updates...................

Making Latex Monster Hands
As it appears unlikely that latex fumes alone will kill Pattie's hubby (she's tried apparently to no avail), and as weather conditions seem favorable with temps in the low 60s predicted (meaning we can ventilate the room), we should also have time to begin working on the latex monster hands for each prop. Black cat will demo the techniques she uses.

An added feature...How to demo, time permitting

Getting Stoned .................by Vlad

A hands on How To, showing how to add a stone or brick face to your prop. Vlad's somewhat labor intensive, but quick, effective, and cheap way to brickface, and then "age" your stonework.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Vlad

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT day. The weather looks to be really nice for us, thank goodness. And contrary to what my undead friend has said, I have NOT tried to kill hubby with the latex OR the fumes! Sheesh....are you trying to make all these nice new haunters afraid of me or what! Don't believe Vlad, I'm really a nice person :D Sounds like Vlad has enough stuff for us to do that we may have to make this a sleepover. Guess we should have started this on a Saturday instead. Can't wait to see you all then.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Man read that as a one liner and got my hopes up

You cant scare me i was married once

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've just been reminded by Black Cat, who was reminded by Trish, to tell everyone to NOT wear good clothing. I take that to mean that it has now become a clothing optional event.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Vlad...so help me GOD...if you show up naked I'm locking all the doors and leaving your skinny ass out on the front lawn! Maybe the "special" neighbor will see you and take you in :p For all the rest of you, that comment started off as....in case you plan on working with latex, sometimes it can be messy so you may want to wear old clothes. Please excuse my "friend" Vlad, he may have killed off a few too many brain cells in the early '70s.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anyone gets this before they leave home, bring extension cords.

OOOH this is getting better co-ed naked prop building
Be very careful when reaching for a tool...................hehehe

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I have tons of extension cords. Now all I need is a place to plug them all in. If any of you get this before you leave home, come early and rewire my house for whatever it is Vlad has planned.

Co-ed naked prop building....there goes the neighborhood. Guess I have to stay inside on that one...wouldn't want to scare the nice haunters!

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn, trying to get packed to leave and Black Cat hid my blow torch. At least I hope she did, I wonder if I left it on..............where was I last with it???

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
OMG......HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ran to the bakery real quick, before anyone got here, and I pull up, there's a 6 foot tall werewolf guarding my mailbox and there are 2 haunters hiding behind my tree, jumping out and singing Halloween carols. This is gonna be a LONG day...lol. I knew Vlad and Black Cat would be the first to get here. Let the games begin!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just wanted to say that my wife & I had a GREAT time, absolutely fantastic people and Ken & trishaann were fantastic hosts. My wife & i felt like we have known the people we met forever, for those who missed it we had a great time. I know we have made some wonderful new friends who share our love for halloween!

We got through the PVC frames and got the hands started, we are at the point where we will be working with latex. I can't wait for the next one, it can't come soon enough.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts