Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings my fiends. Time to announce what days you're available in March.

Jay, don't forget you have homework this month, I'll need to know if that motor is salvageable on that deer, or if you need another. Also, is there any chance of grabbing some drier lint fom work in quantity?

I'm hoping that this coming meeting we can get some serious frame alterations done on the deer, and with any luck, attach the plastic mesh "skin" that I have. I have enough of the mesh for everyone. You'll be able to apply either latex, fur, or drier lint mache directly onto the mesh. Black Cat wants me to warn everyone, that going with latex skin for the whole project, is going to use LOTS of latex. We're planning on using latex only where absolutely necessary. Let me know if that sounds agreeable to everyone, or if we need to alter the agenda.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
ALREADY????? You guys all just left and now you're planning on coming back AGAIN????? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. As far as I know right now, we have a pretty open schedule for the month of March, although when Kenny gets home I'll double check with him. We can make it on St. Patricks Day....I'll throw some corned beef in the pot. I know, I know, Vlad dear doesn't like corned beef. Burgers on the grill? Just keep me posted.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I am SO GLAD to hear you guys are going to be working over some animated deer! just as an fyi....I used latex soaked cloth all over mine, and it didn't take nearly as much latex as I thought it would. (but then again, that was just where there was exposed flesh....everything else was patched in with fur.
Please post up some in progress pix! I'd love to see what you come up with!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Um...Hon......I realize that burning all that foam and sniffing all that latex may have gotten to your brain, but we've only gotten together THREE times so far. How can this be the FIFTH!!!! Did I miss something? See what we're dealing with here folks? Scarey part is that HE is the one giving all the tutorials!!! :eek: If we ever start working with welding tools or fire, all you nice haunters will be put on standby in case Vlad dear decides that we need to do this INSIDE!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Um...Hon......I realize that burning all that foam and sniffing all that latex may have gotten to your brain, but we've only gotten together THREE times so far. How can this be the FIFTH!!!! Did I miss something? See what we're dealing with here folks? Scarey part is that HE is the one giving all the tutorials!!! :eek: If we ever start working with welding tools or fire, all you nice haunters will be put on standby in case Vlad dear decides that we need to do this INSIDE!
No worries, he straightens out after a few of those Capt.& Cokes.:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
BD, I still have the last Make and Take pics. in the camera. Haven't had time to download them. Troy and his wife have been taking video of our meetings but waiting till later to edit the whole thing. With this crew it's gonna need a lot a editing.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Editing yes much editing.

Garage gets cleaned out this weekend so I will do my home work then.

Lint should not be a problem.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
The only weekend we are not available is the 2-4 for horror find

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If anyone from the group has any extra duct tape and wire please bring it to the next meeting in March. We'll need it for the alterations on the reindeer. Pattie your incharge of the bandaids. I can see lots of cuts and scraps with the next meeting. Those wire reindeer are gonna be tuff to work with. I already cut myself twice on the reindeer frame and I haven't even started altering it other than taking off the light.

St. Patty's day sounds like a fun day for a Make and Take.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
You guys already swiped my roll of duct tape when we had all the stuff set up in the back yard. It got packed with your stuff!!!! I'll pick up another roll and a new box of bandaids! That day works for me too....keep me posted.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I got the duct tape covered no problem

I need a little info on the wire waht gauge copper straind or core

The deer motor is DOA the internal gears are striped

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
EY the 17th it is I'll bring the mixins for apple martinies as it is St Paties day.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
OK...apple martinis...check; duct tape and bandaids...check; a new motor for Jay's reindeer, courtesy of Troy...check; now.....what does everyone want for dinner so I can go to the store?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts