Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK here is a list of possible projects as proposed by anyone who want's to participate or think they might be willing to participate in the future. If you can drive, fly, limp, crawl, or slither to our area, you are welcome contribute to this thread. Just add a project to this thread and I'll add it back to this first page.

My intention as time goes by is to update this first page with a list of projects, past, present, and future. Although many of the projects contributed so far are somewhat advanced, I still want to revert back some simpler projects once in a while to encourage new people to join in the fun. New techniques can sometimes make an old project easier. Also, just because a project was completed in the past doesn't mean that it can't be done again. Think of this as a resource to visit and contribute to.

-FCG
-Axworthy
-Walkabout or Stalkabout
-One armed grave grabber------done fall 2011
-obilisk, foam ........................ done?? Sorta, Fall 2011===Revisit for 2013??
-Cauldron Creep or witch--------Done (Mostly) May 2012
-Fester D Krepid ------------- spring 2013 ?
-Bottomless pit
-Gigantic Reacher/Grabber
-posable Latex Skele hands (Needed for Fester D. Krepid)
-Shiatzu Grave escape ---- Done 2/19/12
-Pneumatic Sissor Lunger
-pneumatic lifter -- (choose)
-motorized coffin creep----------On deck for 2012
-LEDs, spotlights, eyes etc
-air cannon ---------------------Done Jan 2012
-Kicking prop Hanging or otherwise
-Vaccuforming Table
-Tombstone Peeper ------------Done June 2012
-Grieving Widow.........................possibly scheduled for ALL of 2013
-Monster Mud "Bob's"
-Skulljuggery Tutorial (Rich)
-4 channel Prop Controller (Tstraubs) Done Jan 2013
-Casa Fear Groundbreaker
-Walt Disney Haunted mansion Theme park---Scheduled for the rest of our entire existance..

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Rich mentioned a few other projects to add to the list:

Shiatzu Grave escape
Pneumatic Sissor Lunger

One of the other props I'd like to make I found on YouTube from Widowmakerproduction. He's got this very cool scissor hinge prop that leaps some 4 ft. out of its chair (if you've seen Dead with Dave's latest show [Dave being Dave from Pandemic Cemetery], he highlights Windowmakerproduction's two very cool pneumatic props).

The King Lives, Scissor hinge Halloween prop part 2 - YouTube

The prop works its magic at around the 1:05 mark. It's actually a three-part series on the scissor hinge and Widowmakerproduction (I keep wanting to write WINDOWmakerproduction) provides some real clear instructions for making it.

Together with the three-part (so far) introduction to pneumatics series by Pat from DeadThingsYardhaunt, we should become pneumatic prop building fools in no time (though Pat did lose me a couple of times when he got into controllers and such, but Dave actually covered them in his show. YouTube's awesome for learning stuff these days).

I'd say we've got a plethora of props to choose from this year and obviously not all of them have to be pneumatics. I'm liking the video Greg just posted on the Coffin Creep we'll be doing so that's going to be a fun prop as well.

Rich

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Greg,

I'm also thinking of a kicking hangman prop. The ones I've seen so far are perhaps kicking a little more violently than I would want, but I think it would work in my haunt.

My prop idea is to build a scaffold with two condemned figures, one of which is already hung (the kicker) and the other to be a Monster Mud figure with a sack over its head and noose around its neck ready to be the next to go. At the base would be a MM hangman who's ready to throw the lever.

So, do you want us posting our M&T prop suggestions here, and you'll fill them in to the top of the list, or did you want them posted elsewhere?

Rich

P.S. You gotta mark the air cannon as done! Leave it on the list so we can see our accomplishments though.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Another project I want to tackle is the Grieving Widow prop built by Widowmakerproduction. Greg gives an 8-part, in-depth, step-by-step video tutorial on building it.

If you haven't seen this prop, it's a life-sized kneeling statue seemingly praying in front of a tombstone that suddenly wheels about, rises up, and spreads out its arms. Awesome! It looks like a doable -- but quite challenging -- build that would definitely take us more than a weekend to finish. It might take Bob a few years.

I don't know if anyone else has an interest in something like this, and I've thought several times about starting it on my own, but because storage space is at a premium I'd need first to figure out where I would put it afterwards. It does seem like it comes apart, which would be a big help.

Anyway, it's on my own list of props to build...one day.

Rich

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I guess you can put the Monster Mud "Bobs" on the list of props too...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I never saw the grieving widow prop, and while watching the video I didn't understand one bloody thing he was talking about so I guess I'll never have one, but I LOVE this!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
And that was Part 8, Pattie! Yeah, it might be a tad advanced for a heckuva lot of people. There's one part where you have to use a website to calculate all the teeth in the wood gear and their correct placement. 'Taint going to be easy, that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think I'm going to be taking my yard display in a different direction this yea: I'm going to do all blow up decorations! LOL!

Actually, I want to build a facade made out of rigid insulation across the entire front of my house, extending even into the driveway. Something along the lines of the Davis Graveyard. (Smartly, I've ignored telling the cryptkeeper about this because it would likely create hella outrage...though she did mention something like that in passing one day)

So I think my actual prop building will be kept to a minimum for awhile until I get the facade completed. I've got a rather ambitious plan set out as it's going to be completely modular and include two mausoleums, one for my FCG and the other as a future entrance to a walk-thru (that's my ultimate goal: to have a big walk-thru haunt in my yard but that's still a couple of years down the road. The facade is just Phase 1 of the plan).

Since It's likely going to be about 12' high and about 30' long (maybe longer), with alcoves, windows, columns, and more, I think most of my build time this year will be spent making this. I'm just trying to minimize having so many unfinished projects going at once like I've done in past years. I like the look of what BiohazardCustoms made so I think it will take some time to replicate something like this (this is 3 separate pieces with columns covering the joints and the dragon head removable):

I still want to make most of the projects on our interactive list, but I want to do one thing at a time. Feel free to make the props you want, of course, and I'll still be coming to the M&T's, I'm just limiting myself to keep from going nuts. I wonder, though, where the hell I'm going to be able to store 30 or so 4x8 panels, but that's a completely different issue. Maybe the divorce I'll get after beginning the project will help free up space!

Rich

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Having just said I'm not sure what my prop building will actually be this build season, I do want to add this animated spider prop to my list:

I think the movement is creepy as hell and I like that it spits too. I was looking at the 2011 Haunt Award DVDs and saw the Thornhill Woods winning haunt and noticed in one corner hanging from the wall they had a big ass spider with a cocoon victim. Off the top of my head I can't recall if it moved or not, but that was the first inkling that I wanted to make a spider.

My initial though was that with the hanging prop I'd use a shiatsu massager to make only the front legs move but then I recalled the Spider Wiper prop by Village Haunt and though it might be a better build.

I noticed on Yardhaunter5's channel his friends had built one with some improvements so I just might make one myself this year.

So many ideas, so little focus.

Rich

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
DarkWolf,

We'd love to have you! But while the meetings are held in northern NJ you're in southern Maine and that would be a heckuva haul to come for one meeting! But if you really wanted to I'm sure Greg will come along and shoot you the particulars (the next meeting though is going to be Feb. 16 in High Bridge, NJ).

Rich

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Darkwolf,

You are more than welcome to make the trek down to join us. It's not unusual for people to travel long distances to expand thier propbuilding skills. Since its a long drive, perhaps we can make a longer weekend out of it. Feel free to participate in the monthly threads.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'll take five from Column A and five from Column B. Fester, Grave Grabber, Axworthy, FCG, obelisk, cemetery gate & columns. All projects that would fit my urgent need list.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you recall earlier I had suggested an animated spider prop built from a windshield wiper motor. I think Pat from Dead Things Yard Haunt has a simpler design using a shiatsu massager that I think I'm going to substitute instead. Of course, I already have a list of props I want to build for this year and no place to put a spider prop, but I want one anyway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.