Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Obelisk for the new cemetery is coming along very nicely. All the foam is cut and assembled, I just need to fill in the cracks with wood putty, sand it smooth then it's ready for paint. I probably won't start in on that until the warm weather is here and tomorrow's snow has melted. In the meantime, I'll probably prep a few more tombstones in a similar fashion so they too will be ready for paint come the warm weather (if it ever gets here).

Here, have some photos:

·
My Avatar DANCES!
1,755 Posts
Zombie-F said:
The Obelisk for the new cemetery is coming along very nicely. All the foam is cut and assembled, I just need to fill in the cracks with wood putty, sand it smooth then it's ready for paint. I probably won't start in on that until the warm weather is here and tomorrow's snow has melted. In the meantime, I'll probably prep a few more tombstones in a similar fashion so they too will be ready for paint come the warm weather (if it ever gets here).

Here, have some photos:
Two Words Holy Sh*T

That is so cool im going to have to make one of them myself.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been pretty busy with other things, but I have managed to move forward a little with the obelisk. I've finished the process of filling cracks and holes with wood filler. Next up is coating it with joint compound to give the paint a nice even surface to take to. Paint sticks to wood filler differently than it does to foam, so I need an even surface to paint to and the joint compound will serve nicely for that.

I even had a little mishap where I accidentally lopped off the top inch of the top, but managed to fix it with some extra foam, sandpaper and wood filler. You can't even tell I wrecked it, can you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lookin' good dude...

I bust up my foam stuff all the time... a little liquid nails... a splash o' paint... we're good! (And don't worry 'bout nicks and dings... adds character)

Glad to finally be onboard,

ThePROPrietor (aka juggernaut)

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I've been busy with other stuff, so it seems like it's taking me forever to finish this one. :p

Anyhow, I did start the process of coating this sucker with joint compound, and finished the top piece. I just need to touch up a few small areas where there's recesses in the compound, as well as finish coating/sanding the base.

Here's a photo of the (nearly) completed top section.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a HUGE advancement, but I did finish coating the base with joint compound and even managed to sand it down. Now I just have to fill in a few crevasses to smooth out the surface totally and its ready to paint. Have a look:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts