Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my obelisk this past weekend. I started it back at the beginning of the summer and have been waiting to paint it until I could get an appropriate shade of grey paint as a mistint. I refused to pay $28 for a gallon of paint. My patience paid off, and I got a nice light grey "mistint" for $5.

Anyway, I painted it, which, admittedly isn't my strongest skill. Regardless, I think it turned out pretty good. Sure does make a nice addition to the cemetery.

Obelisk pictures by Zombie-F - Photobucket

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice job, I like that color. I need to repaint mine this year as the joint compound is starting to crack and peel. Gives it an older look, but the color is mismatched.

Quick question, did you use the "wedge" pieces to connect the top and bottoms? I need to find a better way to secure the two pieces as I had it blow over a couple times last year.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Yup looks good ,
i need a few taller objects in my graveyard also.
no time this yr
maybe if i stayed off here ...hmm

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice job, I like that color. I need to repaint mine this year as the joint compound is starting to crack and peel. Gives it an older look, but the color is mismatched.

Quick question, did you use the "wedge" pieces to connect the top and bottoms? I need to find a better way to secure the two pieces as I had it blow over a couple times last year.
Yes, I did use wedges to center the top and bottom. Moreso, I also used wedges inside the spire that I drilled holes into to accomodate a 1/2" PVC pipe running up the length of the interior. So, what I do is lay the base down where its going, pound a half inch piece of rebar into the ground in the center of where the base goes, and then run the PVC pipe in the spire down over that, utilizing the wedges in the bottom of the spire to center it.

I'll take some photos of what I'm talking about either tomorrow or (more likely) after Halloween.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts