Haunt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my vacation photos gang! No, really... I made it a point for my wife and I to stop off and photograph at least one old cemetery on our trip to New Hampshire this past weekend.

The first cemetery we stopped at was on Route 113 in Chocorua New Hampshire. It was an old cemetery from the 1800s set into a hillside. The cemetery had no fence, gate or other bordering structures of any kind. The grounds also had no marker detailing the proper name for the burying ground itself, save for a fairly recent marker out by the street simply inscribed with the town's name on it.

This graveyard was pretty large, occupying about an acre or so of the hillside it was set into.

Chocorua Graveyard pictures by Zombie-F - Photobucket

The second graveyard we stopped at was in front of a small church on Route 25 in Moultonborough, New Hampshire. This graveyard also bore no proper name, but it did have an iron fence with a arched entryway on one side. The other three sides of the cemetery were bordered with an old white picket fence. Nothing much to see here. This cemetery was probably about 50 feet long and 25 feet deep.

Moultonborough Graveyard pictures by Zombie-F - Photobucket

I just thought I'd share these with the group. You can never have too many reference photos for tombstones nor can you have too many different design ideas. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thanks Zombie for all the reference pics. The slightly fancy stones are giving me all sorts of ideas for some new stones. Love the close up pics with moss.

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Very nice pictures; lots of inspiration there.

I'm glad that somebody fixed Betsey's stone. :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
inspires me to make better tombstones next year! I'm keeping the crap ones for at least this halloween

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just took some photos of the cemetery in the center of my town. Some weird stuff in there. There's the remnants of a really fancy old fence, an area fenced off by chains, some old mausoleums set right into the ground and some really nice weathered tombstones. Have a look:

Pembroke Center Cemetery pictures by Zombie-F - Photobucket

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Cool pics Zombie and DaveOD..
that bunker style maus..is pretty neat.
I pass at least 6 cemetaries on the way to work I should stop someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts