Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilema... A neighbor has an older washing machine just sitting by the curb with a "give away" sign on it. I was wondering, as I drove by what the motor would be good for, an FCG, toe pincher, etc..... seeing as how I'm new to all of this, was wondering what anyone else thought.... Should I go get it and take it apart? Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks :>

·
Registered
820 Posts
What I would do is make a prop out of it.
How scary would this be: Take a woman mannequin, hook it up with a Scary Terry audio driver, and have it play repeatedly:
"TIME FOR HUSBANDS TO DO LAUNDRY!!! TIME FOR HUSBANDS TO DO LAUNDRY!"
I know that speaking for the male gender, I would be running away.

·
Registered
871 Posts
gotta think about what its going to cost you to get rid of what you dont use...disposal cost and your time and effort... it could also be one of those old ones that have a mercury switch requiring hazardous material disposal...

but...theres a couple of things to salvage...pulleys, water pump, water valves, timer, and the motor

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what to do with it, but the guys in the NJ Haunters group are always on the lookout for the solenoid found on the back of the washers.

·
Old Bat
2,823 Posts
How scary would this be: Take a woman mannequin, hook it up with a Scary Terry audio driver, and have it play repeatedly:
That's just too funny! Hubby came up to see what I was laughing so hard at, and stalked away in a dudgeon. It didn't help that I started laughing even harder when he protested. Maybe the next time I would like some help, I should just remind him of 'that prop'. Thanks for the good laugh!:D

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tooooooooo Funny!! LMAO... Thank you all for your help... :> I was thinking of that also... what it would cost me to dispose of it and that kind of stuff.... But on the other hand, i was also wondering what could be salvaged from it too... It's still there crying out for me to come and get it... oh, the agony... LOL BTW: Halloween Rick, I LOVE that idea! Thanks, i may just have to get if just for that! ROFLMAO!!! Hahahahaha :> Thanks again for your help! :>

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
Last I checked I am of the male gender and I do the laundry,come to think of it I clean the damn house tooooo.Not scary to me.Now put an iron in there and I will run away.:googly:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Last I checked I am of the male gender and I do the laundry,come to think of it I clean the damn house tooooo.Not scary to me.Now put an iron in there and I will run away.:googly:
I do more laundry than my wife, and usually wash more dishes too, and maybe a bit less cooking, but at least what I cook is good.......
um anyway, back to the issue, how about just taking the outside "cabinet" and the top and lid and making a pop up out of it? you could even combine that idea with HalloweenRick's subtle suggestion. I think the recognizable sound of the laundry lid slamming down would be a nice accent.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all of you who helped me with ideas.. unfortunatley, when i went to get it... it was gone... :crying: oh well... guess it wasn't meant to be.... but now with your ideas....:devil: i know what to look for next time i see one! :> thanks again :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts