Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Samantha! I'm an ex screamster from Cedar Point's Halloweekends. For those who don't know what a screamster is, basically it's a job title given to those who work in the Haunted Houses or Haunted Walkways of Cedar Point. One of the many haunted houses in the park (and most popular) is Happy Jack's Toy Factory. That's where I worked~ The customers called me Child's Play because I wore a baby mask and had a wig that reminded them of Chuckie. I was also known to look really fake, so it was a perfect opportunity to jump at people when they leaned in to get a better look.

Yes, I have gotten punched in the face doing that but that means you're doing a good job lol xD

I worked there for 2 years, but started having constant panic attacks last year. I had to quit the job I loved because my stupid brain kept freaking out. I was so far away from home and I didn't know I was suffering from anxiety. I live in Michigan and would have to drive all the way to Ohio every weekend until Halloweekends was over. I'd stay there for the weekend in a dorm. The dorms just make you want to go home lol.

I really miss my job and I'm sad I can't go back. I reallyy love Halloween and I'm hoping this year will be a thousand times better than last year -__-

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Welcome!

Anxiety is nothing to be taken lightly - it's probably good you got away from the situation that was causing you trouble, even if you do miss it.

Your character looks awesome!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,645 Posts
welcome! I love your character too!

·
Panic time is here!
3,841 Posts
Hi Samantha,
Welcome to Haunt Forum where we all love Halloween.

I get anxiety attacks where I feel scared for no good reason. It sucks and makes for a bad quality of life.

Great costume. At first I thought it was just a creepy doll.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,257 Posts
Welcome to the forum, maybe you can do some scaring closer to home this year.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Your costume would really do well on a version of The Twilight Zone, it would make for a good story.

Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
64,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Childs! I worked summers at Cedar Point when I was in high school and college. Didn't have to stay in the dorms because my parents live in Sandusky:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry you had to quit what you loved doing. Maybe an opportunity will come up for you localy. I love Halloween too even at my age. I've been doing a haunt for kids in my neighborhood several years because we're rural. I even got people from town last year and already,people are inquiring if I'm doing it again this year.

Too bad your not here...I could use you in my new Zombie Baby Nursery this year

·
Necro Rising
2,117 Posts
Cedar Point, woot woot! I had a friend who worked there and I got to see his dorm, so I know what you mean! Yikes!!

Are there any local haunted houses that you could put your obvious talent to use at?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.