Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
LOL! That would be a good way to test durability! I've been burning it in over the weekend and so far no problems have surfaced. I placed it in the kitchen (busiest room at my house) and it's probably seen 200+ cycles with no malfunctions.

· DeceptiProp
4,975 Posts
I built something like that last year, but it got connected to my animated lighting motherboard. I had the circuit connected to one of those haunted housse signs you may or may not have seen all Wal-mart. You know, the ones that when someone walks pass they will flash and then and evil laugh will come on. It took me a while to get it to work right because when the audio came on from the sign it would screw up the relay. I had to put a cap to the + line and then add a transistor before it would work. To much noise I guess or impedance.

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey all,
How's this sound - I can wire the PIR to trigger a bush shaker, LED eyes and a sound effect simultaneously and take a short video of the result. The problem is that the .mov file is likely going to be too large to upload to a post, but I can try to keep it under 500KB. I have albums at Halloween Gallery, does anyone know if I could post the video file there for all to see? Zombie-F, your thoughts??

· My Avatar DANCES!
1,620 Posts
Otaku said:
Hey all,
How's this sound - I can wire the PIR to trigger a bush shaker, LED eyes and a sound effect simultaneously and take a short video of the result. The problem is that the .mov file is likely going to be too large to upload to a post, but I can try to keep it under 500KB. I have albums at Halloween Gallery, does anyone know if I could post the video file there for all to see? Zombie-F, your thoughts??
Photobucket lets your post videos, and http://www.hauntpics.com/gallery/ works too

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I've finished the how-to for the PIR hack. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll email it to you. I should have the timer board how-to finished by next weekend.

15,363 Posts
Otaku said:
I've finished the how-to for the PIR hack. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll email it to you. I should have the timer board how-to finished by next weekend.
If you want, I'll host it for you?

Jeff

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It looks fine, Jeff, thanks very much for hosting! I should mention here that the parts list includes the components for the timer board that is described in the PIR manual. I should have the how-to for the timer finished in a few more days. Jeff, would you be interested in hosting that as well?

15,363 Posts
Otaku said:
It looks fine, Jeff, thanks very much for hosting! I should mention here that the parts list includes the components for the timer board that is described in the PIR manual. I should have the how-to for the timer finished in a few more days. Jeff, would you be interested in hosting that as well?
No Problem!

Jeff

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.