·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here it is! The height came in at 41". The cost is:

Old fence boards - free
Approx. 10' jute twine - 1.00
Four nails - .25
Lichens from hobby store - 1.00 (pro-rated)
Spanish moss - 1.00 (pro-rated)
Mache skull - 1.00
White glue - 1.00

I know the night pic is terrible - I need to get a new camera.

This pic was taken at a local cemetery. Some guy was watching me set it up. Probably was wondering who I buried.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone. Actually, the Spanish moss did come from a Civil War cemetery down in Florida. My friend Brad Green packed up a few pounds of it and sent it to me. Wonderful stuff, it gives a look of neglect to anything you use it with. To add to the creepiness, the postage for the moss shipment was $6.66!

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
My son wanted me to tell you this: "Cool. It looks like it's gonna float!"

You did a Nice Job Otaku!! :)

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
krough said:
Very nice Otaku. Simple yet effective. That picture of it in the dark is very eerie. Reminds me of the photos ive seen of the Hallowed Haunting Grounds
I totally agree, simple but effective. nice job

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just what I think Zombie was after. Not super elaborite but something you would find in a real cemetary. Super spooky, well done. Good use of simple materials.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I've got an old, decaying fence in my back yard that has some pickets falling off of it. I think I may just break 'em off and make a few of these myself. Good job!

·
Registered
797 Posts
With a bunch of those things, you could make one hell of a creepy cemetery--and for really cheap, too, looking at your parts list. Gives me all kinds of terrible, terrible ideas. :devil:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
nice job Otaku, I like the simplicity of it, makes it easy to copy from..:devil:

and too funny about your musings on the guy watching you at the cemetary..lol

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I like this entry so much, that I went out and bought some hemp today. I have a section of fence that needs to come down and be replaced, so I will be breaking off some of the pickets from the old fence and tying them up with some hemp. I think I'll make a few of these to help fill out the graveyard better this year.

Thanks for the inspiration Otaku. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I've started working on mine this morning. I'm making mine a little different than Otaku's in that instead of lopping off the pointed end of the picket, I'm sawing it into a sharper point that I will use to stake it into the ground with. I'll post some pics later on. Thanks for finally getting me off my ass and making these. This is a style of stone I've wanted to do for a while now. :)

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I was thinking of making one out of foam. Uncle benny made a door out of foam and he made it look like it was wood. He sent me pictures and all how he did it. I might have to try foam instead of wood.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.