Haunt Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
here is an idea for making Banana Cream Pie into a Halloween gross-out that Kids Love! This probably wouldnt work for adults, or maybe so! lol

One year, to impress my step daughter who was 10yrs old, I made her favorite desert, Banana Cream Pie, but Changed it to "booger Cream Pie"
its super easy to make from scratch, laughably easy really, all I did different was added about 1 1/2 Cups Rice Crispies to the banana/vanila pudding mixture..it made it all "boogery"

It was such a fun treat to make, and of course, she, being only 10 LOVED IT lol ( it did taste and look great :D )

Again, its pretty gross sounding..but kids that age love stuff like that :googly:

· Registered
5,567 Posts
that does sound gross seraphina, but prob would be a hit

· Registered
42 Posts
Thought I would make sure you all know of this site!!
http://www.theyrecoming.com/
I love these pastries!
Their cakes are amazing. I did try one of their ideas. I think I found it on there. Here is my skull cake with flaming eyes.

By the time I lit the eyes most people at the party were too busy or buzzing to care but I enjoyed it and it's a neat effect. Sorry about the blurry photo.

just stick two shot glasses in holes you cut in the skull cake. Fill with 151 and light. oh, and it may ruin the shot glass I don't recall.

· Registered
103 Posts
A very simple hors doeuvre:
slice in half and pit large dates;
stuff with whipped cream cheese;
break up a shredded wheat cake into strands
arrange stuffed dates on a plate (stuffed side up) and add two strands of shredded wheat to each for antennae.

I called this pus stuffed cockroaches on the half shell. Unfortunately my wife forbid me to serve them at our party as it turned out one guest had a bug phobia. Maybe it was fortunate - I got them all to myself afterwards and they really are good. I've been banned from the kitchen prior to a party ever since then.

· Registered
179 Posts
Ok people, let's get some pumpkin pancake recipes n pumpkin egg nog and pumpkin cheese cake and pumpkin pie n pumpkin punch n pumpkin ice cream n pumpkin/anything fall like recipes. Things that look halloweenish r fun but using actual harvest ingredients, that's where its at. I have a halloween cookbook that I can post some good recipes later on when I'm home from work, please everyone do the same. I really would like a great pumpkin cheese cake recipe, I love pumpkin cheese cake, I can live off it through the fall lol.

· Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,787 Posts
I just made some oatmeal scotchies (oatmeal cookie with butterscotch chips...recipe is on back of the chip bag) but added in lots of pumpkin pie spice and choppped apples. OMG- they taste like a caramel apple cookie! YUM!

· Batty Beautiful
Just me and my fiancé and sometimes our boys
5,719 Posts
well darn, i was going to suggest the hand in the punchbowl but was beaten too it, but the one i saw was made using water that was frozen into ice. its a great idea that i would love to try.

· Registered
27 Posts
I like making mini cupcakes and then frosting them white white icing then take that gel icing you can buy and make them look like blood shot eyes. You can make the pupils different colors. They were a hit at my party last year

· Premium Member
14,420 Posts
I had pumpkin pancakes for dinner the other night.

Maple Pecan Syrup

1 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup pecans, chopped

Heat syrup and butter until butter is melted; remove from heat. Stir in pecans; Keep warm.

Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes

2 1/3 cups Bisquick
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 eggs

Stir pancake ingredients until well blended.

Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle (grease griddle if necessary). Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden brown. Serve with syrup.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.