Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on Dreadnight's website about a wolf that he did. So my wife how loves wolves wanted to do her version of it. It doesn't look very scary during the day but at night sticking out of the bushes with a strobe light on it, it does look creepy.

First thing I did was go on my local free cycle website and ask if anyone had an animated reindeer that you use for X-Mas, sure enough I was able to get one for FREE.

Then in keeping with the Halloween tradition, I had to decapitate it.

Then I purchased the wolf head, fangs and eyes from a taxidermy site. Here is the link:
http://vandykestaxidermy.resultspage.com/search?w=wolf&p=Q&ts=custom

Then headed out looking for fur. Wife wanted it grayish, I wanted black, her project she wins. So I picked up the fur from Wal-Mart.

Hit Michaels for the spray adhesive and so other stuff and she was ready to rock and roll.

After decapitating the reindeer, we drilled 3 holes into the wolf mount and attached it to the reindeer with zip ties, this allowed for the head to move back and forth.

After painting the head and adding the fangs, wifey and her friend stuffed newspaper into the reindeer body and wrapped it in some plastic sheeting that I had lying around.

Then using paper mache techniques they made the body for the fur to adhere to. That was a nice messy project and of course I was the one who had to clean up after them.

So the nest weekend, they started with the fur, cutting out pieces and using the spray adhesive and a needle and tread to attach the fur.

We still have to do something with the paws and of course my razor died on the legs.

But as I said in the dark with the strobe flashing off the eyes, it does look scary and as we know SCARY IS GOOD.

Just have to finish adding the fur to the face and do a little more shearing and find a wolf snarling music file and stick a cheap MP3 player and speakers in wolfy and we are in business.

Here is a little video I shot of it at night
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvZ5ym6MfJQ[/nomedia]

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Man....I wish my wolf looked that good. Mine is covered in mink that I got from a flea market but since it's just an old mink stole, I had to shave it down and glue the fur onto it. Right now it has a serious case of mange! I'm hoping it's dark enough that it won't matter. Great job!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the fur from Wal-Mart at $13 a yard. I think we bought 2 1/2 yards and still have a bunch left over. And thanks, I will never hear the end of it from my wife that people like her prop

:jol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is the color of the fur. I went to 2 different Wal-Marts in the Miami area and they both had the same.

Still is not complete, My wife still has to do the fur on the face and she has major issues with the paws.

Glad you liked

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I like the idea of using an old christmas deer....i kinda want to do that for my freddy house....not sure what i could make it into though...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could make like a mutant dog out of it, as to guard the house. If I am not mistaken I think in Nightmare on Elm St 2 there was a dog in it. I am a HUGH Freddy Kruger fan and something about part 2 stands out about a dog.

Good luck, I changed the wolf up a little, going to put some red LED's under the eyes to make it glow, will post pics when done.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Funny cause I remembered something about a dog as well but not sure what. Im gonna have to watch all of them all over!

You could make like a mutant dog out of it, as to guard the house. If I am not mistaken I think in Nightmare on Elm St 2 there was a dog in it. I am a HUGH Freddy Kruger fan and something about part 2 stands out about a dog.

Good luck, I changed the wolf up a little, going to put some red LED's under the eyes to make it glow, will post pics when done.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
cool
that fur looks real good job hunting that down.
can't wait to see the wolf all done up..

348 Posts
I am in the process of making the same thing. However, I opted on one of the dogs from Resident Evil. Also used a XMas deer frame, and got the head from the same site. However, I am going to sculpt the head a little different, Will post pics once I get the fur done and head attached.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Monger - Bravo!! When I built mine, I'm pretty sure you could not get just the head from VanDyke's.... you could only order the full wolf form. So you've done a great job and saved yourselves some cash! Show more pix after your wife "furs" the face, please.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thnaks Dread, I used your for inspiration, whatever happened to that page with the wolf how-to. When I click on it from Hauntproject.com or your site, it gives a page cannot be displayed, luckly for me I had looked at the page about 100 times before doing my wolf.

Wolf will be 100% complete this weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah, I'm a better Halloween prop guy than I am a website guy. Somehow the Wolf and the Dungeon Pillar how-to's blew up on me and I haven't been able to get them to show back up. I'm going to see if I can't get the techs at my server host to straighten it out. If they can't..... well, I just hope they can!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
So I thought of how to incorporate a dog into my Elm st theme. Remember when the dog pees on his grave? Im gonna make a grave with Freddys name on it and make an animated dog over it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.