I love the owl and YAY on your new job

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
Congrats on the new job!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,208 Posts
Congrats on the new job, hope you can still get out with your camera from time to time.

·
Zombie Sniper
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,967 ·
No new images yet but I'll give an update on what's happening.

Been working at the new job for two weeks. Seems like a good crew and I enjoy the work...... the 6 figure pay check also helps.

The family is getting more excited to follow in the summer. The kids are especially excited to start a new adventure.

I promis to get the camera out soon.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
I had a 6-figure salary once, if I include the two zeros to the right of the decimal point:googly:

Thanks for updating us, and glad to hear things are working out for you!

·
Clean "cut"
26,985 Posts
Glad things are going well, we can wait for pics

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I love squirrels! They are so smart. About 10 years ago I went out to the lanai and two baby squirrels were on the ground from a big tree trying to climb around. I had two cats at the time and immediately brought them inside the house. Soon after the mother squirrel was on top of the lanai chattering at me and I just pointed at where they were outside the lanai; she followed my finger and brought them back to the nest one at a time. I was just so impressed with that and always remembered.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
What a great face!

·
Zombie Sniper
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,977 ·
Guess it's time for an update.

Passed the exam, oral board and completed my OJT. I'm now qualified and have been working for a couple of months.
The people are great to work with and I like my job. Our current house is going on the market this week and more houses are starting to come up for sale in the new area. Finances for the new house are all in place incase (we hope so) we take possession of the new house before the closing date of our current one.
All that's left to do is find the new home, move in and enjoy the new life.

I've had a little time to explore the area. Plenty of places to go for wildlife, we just need to get to know them better. Not as many Snowy owls but we have a place not too far that has them as well as short eared owls.

Hope everyone else's 2021 is starting off well.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
Thanks for the update, WC!

1961 - 1980 of 1991 Posts