Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Usually kmart ,walmart or a Hardware store.
Home depot,menards,Hobo,harbor freight,northern tool..
watch for sales for good prices and
depending on what length you need they are different prices.

·
Hairy Scary
2,611 Posts
I get mine the same places as Lilly.Prices only vary a coulple of bucks here and there. I have never seen black cords,you might have to paint them.
I have a yard full of rocks,so I get white and/or biege .It seems to blend right in.Also,I have been know to bury them in the dirt temporarily for the season.It does'nt seem to hurt them.

14,925 Posts
Best solution for safety and not seeing them would be to run them in your trees if you have trees.
Never had to worry about anyone tripping over them.
I would have them at about 20 ft up, which were also used to run the lighting that was attached to the limbs and branches.
Another thought is to have them attached to a GFCI outlet, let's not fry any of your guests!

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you need black, the best and possibly the cheapest solution, may be to make your own. Don't know how much the wire and ends would cost, but would be interesting to see how much each cord comes to pricewise. You should be able to buy the wire and male and female ends at Home Depot or Lowes.
When I had my Party Rental business, I bought a bunch of yellow cords for safety reasons, now I'll have to paint them.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I make my own amd can get cord in any color. However, I have a commercial account so its cheaper.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Making cords ( without a commercial account) is VERY cost prohibitive. The wire itself is not that expensive, but the 'ends' are. Unless you are doing a VERY long cable run, buy the cords already put together.

I also bury my cords. I leave them buried for about a month and have had no ill effects from it. Not deep, just under the ground : keeps the kids from tripping. I don't paint the cords or anything like that, so I have orange cords coming out of the ground to plug stuff into.

Watch for sales, anywhere cords are sold. Rule of thumb: you will always need more than you think you will.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Spend a little time on ebay! I find deals on extention cords and all kinds of stuff here and there for great prices. I won a bid on (10) 50' 3 prong cords for $35 with shipping. Try using misspelled words in the search (like extAnsion courds), that's how I find most of my deals.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
By the way you can paint your cords with spray paint. The first time sucks but after that it's just touch up that's needed. Colored cord's are to expensive, especially when you need a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts