Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my Christmas and Halloween stuff got put away yesterday. It was a little sad but, I also know it will not be long before the weather turns warm and I'm back in my garage building props for 2007. I desided to keep one lighted pumpkin out in my garage to help me keep the "sprit" alive through the rest of the winter.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Packed away? you mean you really do that. I have a corpse hanging in the sun room, and a little group of skulls under the coffee table in the living room. The sprit is alive an well, it is only waiting to raise up and control the house once again.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I pack everything away.. when I get stuff for Christmas, its stays out until its used for Halloween then It gets packed away....

My birthday is in January and Im sure to get Halloween stuff for that too... so it will stay out as well until next year when I start the process all over again.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Took down my tree today. I got some skeletons for Christmas so I'll just hang them in the closet til next Oct. I'm just like everyone else, I've got a few skeletons in my closet.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Cold or not, I'm constantly working on my haunt projects on and off throughout the year. Christmas gets put away. Not so Halloween. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cold or not, I'm constantly working on my haunt projects on and off throughout the year. Christmas gets put away. Not so Halloween. :)
I can't work on just Halloween because, it's only one of my passions/hobbies. I have two big projects working right now, redesigning my website and finding a new host for it, and I'm writing a coffee table book on the A-10 Thunderbolt II's door art which I would like to have finished by summer of this year.

I hope to have these two projects finished by spring or midsummer so I can then turn my attention to Halloween.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I will be packing away my Christmas stuff throughout the week. I will bring up the boxes tonight.

·
Registered
253 Posts
We put away all of our Christmas stuff yesterday. Every bit of it. As far as Halloween stuff, its been pu up since November

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Christmas stuff will start coming down today...

I started cutting the pattern for a cloak yesterday...

And so it goes. :)

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
All my Christmas crap is still out, but I'll be removing it shortly. One of my buckies is sitting in the dining room with his santa hat on. My little skellies, Castor and Pollux are up on the plant ledge with their santa hats. The big fat head skull from Big Lots is on my desk ledge with his santa hat. Goliath is in the dining room with his garland about his shoulders.

I was thinking of getting rid of all 6 boxes of the Christmas decorations so I could make room for more Halloween props in the attic... but I think my family would object to that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see my thread got moved.....I just don't understand how this is off-topic. I just can't seem to win on this forum and have started worrying more about where to post than enjoying the forum itself. Posting here is like being married to a compulstive cleaner who must have things in the "right" place....man. :confused:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hmmm...got moved to Off Topic because there was a lot of mention of Christmas decorations. Subjects about Christmas don't really belong in the Halloween forum...Yep, Off Topic is where this goes.

There are specific areas for certain things around here. We just can't have everything posted where you want, else what is the point to have categories at all? If you put something in the wrong place prepare to have it moved. It's just that simple.

I know some boards where if you complained about posting there was like being married to a compulsive house cleaner, you would be subject to much ridicule and ran out on a rail. This board is not like that at all and be thankful it isn't. No need to whine about a simple "moving" just place a post where it belongs and you won't have to worry about it. It's not that hard to figure out.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I see my thread got moved.....I just don't understand how this is off-topic. I just can't seem to win on this forum and have started worrying more about where to post than enjoying the forum itself. Posting here is like being married to a compulstive cleaner who must have things in the "right" place....man. :confused:
It's kind of a grey area topic. It mentions halloween, but this seems to be mostly an x-mas discussion more than anything.

Don't sweat it if a thread gets moved. It's not that big of a deal. The only time it gets looked at as a big deal is if it's happening all the time AND if something is grossly in the wrong place (i.e. let's say a Classifieds posting gets posted to "Haunts and Displays"). Threads are being moved around all the time, just try not to take it too much to heart.

I like to keep a neat and organized forum is all. It makes threads -- especially old ones -- easier to find if you ever need to look back and read something again.

Back to the topic at hand...

I packed all my x-mas stuff up the day before New Year's Eve. Can't have the tree up with a bunch of drunks staggering around my house. :p

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Supervised packing mixed with drinking last night so today the better half is packing up all the valuable fragiles today and after lacross every thing gets shifted to the other house which hopefully we will be in by summer. Time to build another shed.....

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I will start putting my xmas stuff away today or tomorrow but i always have my shrunken heads hanging and a few skulls out in our rec room wouldnt be me otherwise.
I am currently working on a few xmas projects and started my designs for our new tombstones for next yrs tombstone party.
My work room is in the basement so i dont need to worry about cold woohoo
just have to straighten it out so i can add my new work bench and shelving then i be good to go.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The inside Christmas stuff is put away, just have to get the lights down outside now. My office is decorated Halloween everyday and will continue to be forever. I may bring my zombie back out into the living room....Halloween decorations year round really pisses off my son.....maybe he'll get mad enough to finally move out!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts