Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last September my family and I went to a haunted house and I really liked the way they had painted thier walls, yet couldn't really figure out what they did to make it look so cool.
Well I figured that they used lace. And today I tried it for myself. I painted a scrap board a deep maroon red and put some lace I got from walmart over the boared. I then did a light mist of gold spray paint over the lace and it turned out pretty cool.
I did take some pictures, but have to wait to load them to my PC.
Just thought I would share the tip with any of you who are looking for different/cheap ways to paint walls in their haunt.
:).

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
That sound like a good idea FYF,
hope you get your pics up soon.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Great Idea FYF,
that be a good way to make a cheap wedding dress for a corpse bride or a skelly...

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Great Idea FYF,
that be a good way to make a cheap wedding dress for a corpse bride or a skelly...
That is an example of the great tricks you learn from experienced masquerade costumers. Some costumers going for workmanship awards will actually embroider their costume, the savvy ones just looking for stage effect use the lace and spraypaint method. From a few yards away under stage lights you literally cant tell the difference. In the ICG (international costumers guild) I learned a bunch of FX like that that work great not just for costumes but props and scenery as well... faux engraving, leather, metal, all sorts of things. FX on the cheap is something haunters and competition costumers have in common!

In fact, last weekend Costume Con (the annual ICG con) was held here in St Louis, and I chatted with Karen and Ricky Dick, who created the Castle Blood haunt in PA. You always know they're there when you get to the hotel and there's a hearse with purple bats painted all over it in the parking lot!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.