Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a roll this morning. I was pretty damn sure we had a thread where this was concerned, but after a very diligent, tiring search, I failed to locate it. The other board perhaps and I am just having a flashback? Nevermind. We'll just start that puppy over. Tis the season people like to bitch and I am no exception. I will kick it off with some of my own.

1. People who let the alarm on their clocks go off endlessly or keep hitting snooze. Omega is doing the latter right now. I'm seriously thinking about going to the fuse box and kill the electricity to his room. It's not like I haven't done it before. Excuse me...

2. People who let milk set in glasses without washing it out. Once milk dries in a glass, it is almost impossible to clean. I used to constantly bitch about this one at my former residence and refused to buy it after it went on so long. Hell, I remember once tossing an almost full jug of it out in the back yard when I found one too many of them at one setting.

3. People who insist on smoking in the house. Even worse, people letting their butts float in any setting liquid: toilets, drinks, outside rain filled containers, etc.

4. People who don't flush **** filled toilets. Nuff said on that one.

5. People who open a soda, take a couple of sips out of it and leave it, usually days on end without drinking another drop of it, then opening another and doing it all over again.

That's five and I can feel my blood pressure rising. You guys turn.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
People who preface sentences with "To be honest with you..."

People on cell phones talking loudly in the supermarket, mall, store, wherever.

People who, when it rains or snows, inexplicably seem to lose all capability to control an automobile and either drive way too slow or way too fast.

People who talk in the movies. One of the reasons I rarely go to theaters anymore.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the cell phone and movie thing for me as well. I remember some dumb Mexican woman talking on one when we first went to see Pirates 2. I kept giving her withering glares, but she kept on talking. Almost got up and said something very derogatory, but it would have made me guilty of what she's doing. Teens are the major offenders where these two things are concerned. :mad:

This is Florida related concerning this time of year. People who put up snowmen decorations for Christmas when it's 80 friggin' degrees outside. Cold weather decorations should be abolished in the south where it rarely, if ever snows.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Yes, the cell phone and movie thing for me as well. I remember some dumb Mexican woman talking on one when we first went to see Pirates 2. I kept giving her withering glares, but she kept on talking. Almost got up and said something very derogatory, but it would have made me guilty of what she's doing. Teens are the major offenders where these two things are concerned. :mad:
I almost got into a fight when I just saw Jet Li's Fearless in the theater. When I actually do venture out, it always reminds me of why I shouldn't....

Speaking of decorations, I hate jackasses who leave their Christmas junk up into February......

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Here are a few of mine right off the top of my head...

Being able to hear people eat/chew.

Morons on cell phones.

Oblivious idiots who take small children into places where it's not appropriate (i.e., theaters, nice restaurants, etc.) and let them run amok. There have been occasions where I have found it necessary to direct our hostess to seat us in an area with no children.

Edited to correct bad grammar. Hey...another one of my pet peeves!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Double G hit yet another of mine. I INTENTIONALLY seek a place in a restaurant where there are no bratty kids or whiny babies. If a hostess tries to put me in such a section, I'm like, "Uhm...no." Confused, though she shouldn't be because I can't be an isolated case, she keeps asking "Is this good?" until she nails it. No telling how many times my food has been spat in because of this.

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
Do you really wanna go there?

People on cell phone,in stores or at counters being served and while driving.Cant tell you how often I have almost been mowed down by some jack ass trying to dial his phone while driving.

LIARS,LIARS,did I mention LIARS.

People who do not discipline thier kids.

people who say "we drank a case last night"and all the cans in the shop are half full.(wasting beer)

People who cant keep thier word

people who mow thier grass once a month and blow all the clippings into the street where they get transferred to my nice clean truck.

people who file stupid law suits.

Is that enough?

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
Some of mine:
People who whine....about everything and anything.
People that cant drive when there are two snowflakes on the ground.
Anyone riding in my car that becomes a backseat driver.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another: Bad Body Odor of any kind. Even worse, when folks try to mask it by bathing in cologne instead of hot water and cleansers designed to make you smell like a human being instead of something that is further down the evolutionary scale.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I almost got into a fight when I just saw Jet Li's Fearless in the theater. When I actually do venture out, it always reminds me of why I shouldn't....

Speaking of decorations, I hate jackasses who leave their Christmas junk up into February......
I'm with you on people who leave their Christmas stuff up too long... especially when they are the same people who think it's tacky to have Halloween stuff up the whole month of October.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Being hung up on.

JT, you would hate California my friend. When I was there the couple of months I was. NO ONE said "thank You" when you held a door open, "excuse me" or "sorry," when they were at fault for something, and just give you and "eat **** and die" look for such things like it was expected of you to do them without question or kudos. I'm sure there are nice, polite people there, but I sure as hell didn't see any. :(

·
Registered
823 Posts
You know what really gets to me...and this is silly...

People who leave their cars running while they take their kid into preschool. There are two women that drive SUV's no less, that leave them running. Talk about clueless to the environment.

I can't stand people who are oblivious to the world around them.

I can't stand people who have no idea the left lane on the highway is a passing lane.

I can't stand people who think their sh*t doesn't stink.

As father of 3 kids - I totally agree with the peeves of others regarding inconsiderate, ill behaved children. Too often the tails wag the dog. Not in this house.

Funny story - I sat through a half at a Rams game before I told a gal behind me to either teach her kid not to kick the seats of front of her - or move.

She left.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Being hung up on.

JT, you would hate California my friend. When I was there the couple of months I was. NO ONE said "thank You" when you held a door open, "excuse me" or "sorry," when they were at fault for something, and just give you and "eat **** and die" look for such things like it was expected of you to do them without question or kudos. I'm sure there are nice, polite people there, but I sure as hell didn't see any. :(
I guess it's my small town upbringing and background, but I was taught manners and wrongly expect the same from others. I do try to treat other people the way I wish to be treated.

I am learning as I get older my expectations of people, however, are much too high and people invariably anger me.

I thought of another one: people you consider friends who, also invariably, seem to end up truly not your friend.

Also, people who can't use their effing turn signals.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
People who are food shopping and leave their carts in the middle of the aisle so it is impossible for you to go around them. Move the damn cart over if you want to stare at the shelves. (Where I shop the aisles are thin, therefore, I leave my cart at the end of the aisle and go up the aisle and grab what I need.)

The cell phone in the movie theater is a biggy for me too.

I also don't like commercials at the movie theaters. If I can pay 3.50 to rent a DVD with no commercianls at the store, I don't want to spend 7.50-8.50 to watch them at the movie theater.

I don't like people who walk their dogs and let them crap on my lawn without cleaning it up. I have two beagles. I know the deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts