Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Sometimes, dead is bettah..."

Not sure I will be down with this remake. The other is a Horror masterpiece. If they stick even closer to the book, then it might just work. Will really miss the presence of Fred Gwynne though. :(

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19359

"The soil of a man's haht is stoniah, Louis..."

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have absolutely no interest in another remake or anything Alexandre Aja has directed or might direct.

However, I think Pet Sematary is a decent film. Overrated by some and underrated by others. It's very interesting, mostly in its' reputation. It's sometimes a lot of fun, sometimes admittedly very scary, and sometimes one of the dumbest films I've ever seen in my life.

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
I agree Perk-a-Dan but I still liked it. I can't say that about many movies. Fred Gwynne was perfect for the part and yes he will be missed. It will be interesting to see it with todays special effects.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fred Gwynne was perfect for the part
He's one of the undeniable brilliant touches of the original. Another would be the gore, which is fantastic. I loved the "hide and seek" scene. As most people do- for the scalpel. I loved it more for the throat-ripping. What could they possibly improve on... other than the face leaping out of the water / stonepile bit which was one of the dumber moments in the film. Especially since you can't tell whose face it is. It really looked like the father-in-law. Not Gwynne, who Mary Lambert said it was supposed to look like (thank you, audio commentary).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts