Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get geared up to begin this year's "$20 Prop Challenge" and I need to start petitioning our vendor members here for prizes. Anything that can be donated, be it props, t-shirts, supplies, etc. is fair game as long as it is Halloween, Haunt, or prop related in some way.

If you donate a prize to the pot you will get to have an ad banner added to our banner rotation program for the entire duration of the contest, free of charge. All banner advertisers get a special link to an admin panel that allows you to see the statistics of you banner including how many exposures you've had and how many clicks you've received.

Vendors donating prizes will also get mentions in every forum newsletter issued during the course of the contest.

All vendors wishing to donate can contact me at webmaster at hauntforum dot com.

Last year's was a huge success, so I look forward to what everyone will be creating for this year's. I expect to be announcing the rules and the start of the contest before the 31st of January.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
What about non vendors? Could we donate a little $ to buy hauntforum t-shirts or what ever?

If enough members donated a little something something, we could purchase some killer stuff.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done the donations thing in the past. I dunno, I just feel weird taking money from people like that. The DVD sales are going to be what brings money in for stuff like that.

The CafePress T-Shirt sales help run the site too. Maybe soon I'll do a shirt pre-order so I can have them silkscreened instead of going through CafePress. I'd certainly be able to sell them cheaper that way and I think we'd sell more because of that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Zombie count me in, Im sure we could put together a nice prize package for the forum!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
So..............is that a 'no'?

I don't want to step on anybodies toes here, but I would like to contribute. The vendors, like FE, have been very good to this board and I don't want to steal their thunder. At the same time a disclaimer like on PBS, "brought to by our sponsors and members like you" could easily be added.

Do you feel wierd about taking money for this, or asking people for money? I work for a non profit, so I ask people for money all the time. I could to the asking if it is okay with you.

I don't have the time to make stuff for the contests, but I LOVE looking at the entries. To see what the krough's and the Morb's and the Otaku's of this board come up with astounds me. If I could contribute in some small way, it would mean something to me.

Again, not trying to step on toes here. Just ramblings of a guy that has been awake for way too long. Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts