Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phase I of the move will be happening this afternoon sometime after 4:00. I will be shutting the forums off for a while so no new posts can happen and mess up the database while I'm backing it up.

I will then install the backup onto the new server, install the software and create a re-direct from the old forums to the new forums.

With luck, this whole process will be done before 10:00 PM tonight.

I'll start Phase II, the re-styling of the forums sometime between tomorrow and the weekend.

Wish me luck... I'm gonna need it. :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Good luck, Z! Will the forum pretty much stay the same, or will there be different categoires and sub-categories?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
so what you are saying then is when I get home tonight around midnight (MDT) I will be able to access the forums on the new site...
whoohoo
better go pack my bags before work...lol

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, Phase I appears to be done. I have taken the chat room offline for the time being, so the link to it doesn't work right now. I will address that first thing tomorrow afternoon.

I believe everything else should work right now. You will all need to log in with your username and password and DON'T FORGET to check off the "Remember Me" box or you may encounter tracking problems throughout the forums.

If there's any problems, please use the Questions and Feedback forum to report them... DO NOT POST THEM TO THIS THREAD.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled forums. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dr Morbius said:
Seems to work though! No problems so far, so I replied here..Seems the same. Even the banner looks the same.
Like I said at the beginning of this thread, I'll work on re-vamping the look once I know it's all up and runnning 100%. Which means this weekend. :cool:

Congrats on the first post. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts