Haunt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I've finally gotten my husband to agree to letting me get a photoshop program. I am a serious novice when it comes to computers and the way programs work. I would like a program that i can make graphics and text with say for potion bottles. As well as change pictures to add funny things to it or text on it. I am also learning how to make my own webpage and want to be able to use the photoshop with it as well. My husband is actually very computer savy and Id like this to be something we could both benefit from. So what programs are out there that you think would would for us. Thanks so much for all your help.

·
Registered
820 Posts
well......PhotoShop CS 2 is a great program. Youll probably want a book on how to do it if youre new. Photoshop is a brand, and basically THE image editing program. good-tutorials.com has some pretty good PhotoShop how-tos...i have photoshop CS 1, but i have a semi-illegal version of CS 3 sitting around that i need to install, lol

so, adobe photoshop CS 2.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so the CS2 stuff that means adobe? Cuz we have a Adobe Creative Suite that features Adobe Photoshop CS2...will this work?

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY CRAP the CS2 is freakin expensive...lets not even suggest the CS3...WOW

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay okay ill get one, damn looks like no christmas this year

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
okay okay ill get one, damn looks like no christmas this year
turtle2778,

Adobe® Photoshop® CS2 or CS3 are both professional products that are amazingly powerful. But unless you really want to spend some serious time learning to use all the features, they may be overkill. Please don't misinterpret, if you want to learn how to use the best image processing program available then get Photoshop® and learn how to use it. However, if you have a more casual interest then you should consider Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 5.0. It's only $99 and contains most of the more popular features of the professional version.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

Take TD's advise and download a 30-day trial version. Both versions are available. See if Elements has the features you're looking for. It's a no cost way to see if you're spending your christmas money wisely. :)

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I agree with ScareFX on the Elements 5.0. I use it extensively at work and find it very intuitive and easy. For $99 you won't be disappointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts