Haunt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I read somewhere on the forum that since the reformat or something some pics have disappeared, soo...
Is it okay to replace them without seeming like you are bumping your own thread? Will an edit suffice and not move it?
I've been to more than a few that don't have the pics and it's kinda of irritating to me to finally find what your looking for and there's no pic.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Edits will do just fine and not move it. If you're replying to a thread to update a picture, that's not "bumping." Bumping would be needlessly bringing a thread back to the top for no good reason other than to bring it back to the top. Replying to a thread with something like "bump" or some other non-content would be bumping.

What happened was a lot of older threads had pictures posted as attachments and over time, as a user's attachment allocations start to get filled up, the user must delete older attachments in order to make way for new ones. This leaves all older threads that referenced an attachment useless as the attachment that was associated with it is now gone. That is why I urge members to use the IMG code instead of attachments.

Another thing that can happen is users delete the images from their locations on their own. Some people may have posted something and then some time later deleted the image from it's location on the internet and not updated their thread. This sort of thing happens when a user has a photobucket album and references an image from the album here and then some time later deletes the photo from their album.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay edit it is then , thank you very much

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Is it possible to ask about an old post? Or is that bumping?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Is it possible to ask about an old post? Or is that bumping?
That's fine too. If you have a question, something to add, some new insight or anything else relevant, then it is perfectly acceptable to reply to an old thread. That is not bumping.

Bumping is only pointless replying to a thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts