Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Wow. Awesome stuff SpookyDad. Did you submit to the DVD this year? If so, can't wait to see your entry. :cool:

·
Registered
797 Posts
That's some awesome stuff you've got going there, SpookyDad. :) I'd love to see it in person, sometime, but we're states and states apart. I may send some of my Texan buddies down there, though. A little word of mouth never hurts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
SpookyDad, your haunt was simply amazing. I can't imagine the amount of work that it took to put all that together. Your props are wonderful! I recognized the butler turned pirate...his costume is perfect, as was yours and all the actors.
Excellent job!

·
Registered
820 Posts
SpookyDad, that is flat out awesome! On that pirate cannon, what was that wrap you were using to cover the pipe? I have an idea that I would like to use a similar material on. And how did you time the fogger to go off with the air tank?
Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pirate cannon is covered with thin sheet PVC. It is just spray painted black. I had some material on hand. The fogger's pushbutton switch is hacked with a relay that is operated by a wall wart. The fogger wall wart and the air cannon vlave are plugged into the same powerbar. So flicking on the powerbar turns both on at the same time. Flicking off the powerbar shuts off the valve but the fogger goes on by itself for a couple of seconds. This creates a nice cloud of fog after the cannon fires. Purely accidental but sweet nonetheless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I usually get started around the first of october. I have been doing a lot of new building in the last couple of years so it is hard to say. About 3 weeks solid work is a guess. I am a stay at home dad so I can devote a lot of time to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts